Kershaw Knives

Got mine in today, it’s flat black. I like it. Now to see if the fiancee wants the blue one or if I’ll be selling it off to one of my friends :smiley:

Kershaw Chives arrived today. Grabbed a 1600NB (blue) and a 1600ALBLK (black). Both are very nice, well up to Kershaw USA standards. And after the complete garbage Bear & Son I recently Wooted (against my better judgment), these Kershaw AO’s really feel like the quality goods they are.

1600ALBLK: The scales and DLC-coated blade are both matte black, like the previous poster stated. After some searching, it looks like the black Chive depicted in the ad is the 1600BLK, aka “the shiny version w/ the Boron-coated scales and polished TDLC-coated blade”. The model I received has matte blade and matte scales (I believe the matte are aluminum and the shiny ones are 420HC Stainless?).

Received my black Chive this morning. As other posters have stated it is matte black with non-polished black coated blade. I like this version as piano black scales might have looked a little odd (but cool). I won’t complain as I’m satisfied but it’s Woot’s job to make sure the picture and description match the product. C’mon, tighten up the ship.

Actually, I’m a bit disappointed that it’s matte black instead of glossy. Kind of expected what was pictured. This is still a very nice knife, but is NOT what I expected…

I’m with you on this. I really wanted the glossy finish. It’s still a nice knife.

I’m really sorry that our photo wasn’t spot on, we’re working to get the right info/photos for future sales from our vendor. If you guys do end up wanting to return your knife because it wasn’t the right finish, email into support@woot.com and I know we’ll be able to help.

I’m slightly disappointed, but I still really like the knife. Of my many woot! purchases I seem to only have bad luck with the knife buys. The last was a JA Henckels purchase when I received a santoku rather than chef’s knife. Woot! customer service has always been fantastic and more than fair though.

It’s supposed to arrive today.
waiting.
waiting.
EDIT: Got it.
Yeah, the piano-gloss black would have been nice, but…
This one is a nice little Kershaw pen-knife.
I’ll keep it.