Kershaw Leek Serrated Folding Knife

Kershaw Leek Serrated Folding Knife

The Leek serrated in this matte silver finish is my favorite knife I’ve ever had, by far, and I’ve had a lot! Altogether I have more than 5 years experience with Leeks, and whenever I had one, it was always in my pocket.

I lost it a year ago, and have been looking for a good deal on one ever since (they’re usually more like $50). Truth is, I think I’d like the “DLC” black finish even better, bit it’s more expensive and I’ve never seen it <$50. This is the best price I’ve seen for any Leek, by about $10, not even counting free (Prime) shipping. And this is probably the most dignified finish for having with you every day. This finish also wears really well.

If you think you might like this, do yourself a favor and get one. You’ll thank me later. It really is pretty much perfect for “gentleman everyday carry”. (If you’re looking for a 'work knife," you’ll want something more heavy-duty.)

It looks great, opens in a tiny fraction of a second, closes easily and safely, is very lightweight for an all-metal knife, it’s just big enough to be very useful without scaring too many people, is sharp enough to cut paper, while still tough enough to take out the occasional 1/2" branch when you find yourself on the roof without a saw.

Seriously, I think I used mine twice a day, minimum. All the great things they say about it in the blurb are true: it comes crazy sharp, stays sharp a long time, and isn’t hard to re-sharpen when the time comes.

And it’s made in the U.S.: if you ever want to (even just for sharpening) you can send it to their factory and they’ll make it “brand new” again. I can’t say enough good things about this, but I’m out of time.

2 Likes