Kershaw Lonerock RBK Knife

Kershaw Lonerock RBK Knife

The LoneRock RBK 1890 Hunting And Caping Knife

This would be perfect for hunting or while caping!

fail behind the scenes GIF

6 Likes

Kershaw is a great Japanese knife company making very good products for mass market.
But I don’t have an urge to decapitate any chickens or pheasants.

2 Likes

The Kershaw knives I own are all made in the good 'ol U.S. of A. and most are Ken Onion designs.

I do have quite a few… to many?.. EDC knives to choose from.

2 Likes

I have a Ken Onion Leek made in the USA. Sleek and very sharp. Rather thin, elegant blade. Not sure what to use it for. :slight_smile:

Have 2 others thicker blades from China including a Kershaw Asset Assisted Opening Speed Safe.
Very strange but very comforatble handle. Interesting design. Very sharp. I use it as a …letter opener.

2 Likes

Yes, Kershaw’s cheaper knives are imported.
Their regular line of knives are made in Oregon.

So, what’s your regular EDC knife? For me, 75% of the time, it’s a Leek. It fits nicely clipped on your pocket & you can forget it’s there until needed.

I use a knife many times daily for many projects on the farm here and have never had a problem with a Leek. In fact, I’ve pretty much abused them on occasion with no ill effects to the knife. I do carry one of my Kershaw Blur knives on occasion too.
When a spring failed, an email to Kershaw & I had 2 spare springs in hand within a week.

2 Likes

I do not have an EDC on person. In car is a CRKT Heiho from Woot when it was 1/3 the price. It’s sort of stabby.

2 Likes

Why presume only one EDC knife? Around the house, I usually just carry my Schrade tactical knife. When I go out, I also have my Kershaw Barge, Victorinox SwissChamp XAVT, Victorinox Rescue Tool, Leatherman OHT, and maybe a few others.

Yes, I’m nuts. I also have several flashlights, pens, and other tools in my EDC, which is why I usually wear cargo pants and a ScottEVest vest so I have enough pockets. (People have weighed my vest at over eight pounds, but I have more stuff now.) :smiley:

1 Like

Nice. Yeah, I have lots to choose from, but the Leek knives I have see more service lately. I used to only carry Blur knives or a Benchmade 940. I’ve carried a knife every day since I was a Cub Scout.

1 Like

No offense but goodness, why do you need to carry a hardware store worth of tactical anything with you? In reality, have you ever needed to use it to defend yourself? If yes, it maybe time to relocate. None of us are getting younger or more alert.

I live in an area that you and I would consider oppressively regulated for even a 2-in blade. I’ve repeatedly left work past midnight for more than a decade, and not once was challenged. Approached once by a drug addict. I offered him a sandwich i had. (Not the pointy end of my CRKT Heiho in car). Sad to say, he didn’t know what to do with it.

1 Like

Never ever had security keep an eye on you?

1 Like

The reason I ask is I worked at a community based hospital for a number of years. By necessity it was located in a sketchy part of town…

Like many things, they’re insurance. I fortunately haven’t needed to use the tactical knife for defense, but I use it all the time to open packages and so on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, but no security at work, day or night. No gated community where I live either. We do have a problem of lots of homeless individuals around the workplace (we serve the health care needs of the poor).

1 Like

It’s good that you did that work. Hopefully you were never attacked either. I trained at an inner city hospital but in retrospect would probably scare any of us myself included now. But never even approached there as well. They were just destitute which come to think of it, I was as well.

1 Like

Glad you never were attacked. Hope the poundage was a bit exaggerated. It seems like too much hardware to move swiftly. Mr. Fairbairn and Mr. Sykes kept things simple and light.

1 Like

Or, you know, skinning an animal. Not actually a typo.

2 Likes

WOW. I learned something today.
I’ve slaughtered a lot of different animals and never have heard or used the word ‘Caping Knife’. I’ve always used ‘skinning and butchering’ knives.
Thank you!

1 Like

A caping knife is usually short and thin like a scalpel blade - which this Kershaw knife interestingly uses. They are primarily used for decapitation of birds or very small game.

Because they are so sharp, caping knives are not as ideal for skinning and gutting. For that would risk opening intestines and contamininating the internal cavity with bacteria and bile. I am sure you have used skinning knives with larger “belly” in dressing the game you took. A gut hook knife is favored by many for prep of larger game as it assists in lifting skin and fascia while cutting. Lowers risk of perforation of intestines and rapid spoilage.

1 Like