Kershaw Tiger Striped Tanto Blur Knife

Yes, 3 years on all electric components.

Thanks!

This item cannot be shipped to {my zipcode}. Remove this item from your order. Is that all of stupid NY or just my stupid area of stupid NY?

If “assisted opening” means spring loaded, the knife is illegal in ALL of New York State.

This is a terrific knife. Small enough to comfortably ride in your pocket. The speedsafe is the best feature. Very easy to flip the knife open, fast! I bought mine for $60. Blade is still very sharp after a few camping trips and casual use opening boxes and other random things. This is a great deal. Might have to go in for another.

Here’s the same knife on Amazon, in black, instead of Tiger Striped:

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-BLACK-1670BLK-Cutting-Knife/dp/B004QYVHXK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406465105&sr=8-1&keywords=1670TTSST

Assisted opening, in this case, is the small thumb ‘knob’ on the side of the blade, close to the base/hinge. Used to ‘assist’ one-handed opening of the knife. Not spring loaded.

Great blades, by the way

No, that’s a Kershaw reseller.

Here’s the Kershaw site. http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/blur-tanto

Just noticed there’s no finger flipper on the blade like the Leek, Scallion & Chive; only the thumb studs.

I much prefer the flipper on assisted opening knives. I’ve got an assisted CRKT that only has thumb studs, and while I’ve never been bit by it, every time I open it something in the back of my mind says “look out!”

I’m not big on Kershaws without flippers. Idk about this one.

LOL! JInx.

Blur is a great knife.
I just hate the Tanto blade, and never use serrated blades.
Good deal if you like this blade, though.

Anyone find out if this is a XXXX knife?

Not true at all. The “Speed Safe” system refers to the stainless steel TORSION BAR that is inside the knife. That is why the the blade flips open with a little push. (I have a pile of Kershaw knives)

In for one, and I live right in Manhattan, zipcode 10023.

Why do the specs not include size open, size closed, or even a weight?

I need to have an idea of how small it is in my hand, or how big / heavy it is in my pocket. A 3.4 inch blade length ain’t cutting it for a spec page.

Yeah, I guess I can research it on other web sites, but if you wanna make an extra sale, you need to give an accurate pitch.

Please read the shipping restrictions on the sales page:

Shipping Restrictions Apply:

Shipping Note: Eligible for shipping to all 50 states. However, due to local New York restrictions, we are unable to ship this product to certain Zip Codes. Please see a list of the restricted Zip Codes here.

These are definitely solid knives, had mine for years until I broke the tip trying to pry something(ya that was dumb i know)

I purchased mine as a blem and was very pleased with the quality. The only visible defect was a tiny nick near the bottom of the handle. Other than that worked great for many years

Kershaw,rather have one of their big brother knives from Zero Tolerance…and if you are not cutting twine or string or rope the serrated edge is a waste of cutting area…plus that portion of the blade is very difficult to sharpen if you do your own sharpening…I just bought the CRKT knife this week from woot and its a great EDC knife.

will woot do the "speed safe"again?