Ketchup’s main purpose:

I think that’s from Kentucky Fried Movie.

It’s a base for home-made grilling sauces to use when you cook ribs or chicken.

2 Likes

It’s also a key ingredient in my BBQ sauce.

Texas Bar-B-Q Sauce

1 1/2 cup ketchup

4 tsp. Tabasco sauce

3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

2 tblsp. Good mustard

1/2 cup Jack Daniels whiskey

14 drops liquid smoke (mesquite)

4 heaping tlbsp dark brown sugar

2 lg clove garlic, minced very fine

3 tlbsp finely minced onion

1 1/2 tsp. Black pepper

½ tsp. Salt

Mix, bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes. Taste & adjust. Makes about 2+ cups. Best on chicken & pork. Apply to meat during last 10 minutes on the grill or to add flavor to foods

5 Likes

Holy shit that sounds good! You had me at Tabasco sauce and brought me home with whiskey! I know what I’m making this weekend!

day chef GIF

4 Likes

Let me know how you like it.
Measurements are very adjustable of course.
I rarely actually measure things closely except if making baked breads.
I ‘whir’ it up with one of those stick blender things after cooking it and usually taste the whiskey to assure it’s still fresh.

1 Like

For me, anaphylaxis

That’s not what she said. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I shall… lol… you cook like I do. A little liquor for the dish, a little liquor for me… and everything is better with liquor - either in the dish or in me, it don’t matter :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

RE: :+1: 1

Hey! I’ve never been “reacted to” before! I didn’t even know that that was a thing. Wow… Will the wonders of “social” media never end!? :cowboy_hat_face:

It got turned on earlier: More than just a like - New Reactions!

Ketchup serves to add flavor in my Mom’s homemade meatloaf recipe. And it’s just a bit of art when it’s lightly squirted across the top before baking! Yummy!

1 Like

That sounds really good. Gonna give ‘er a try, thanks!

2 Likes

Big Ketchup would like to have a word…

I won’t do the little green onions, but Goddamned those look delicious!

3 Likes

Corndogs should always have a squirt of both mustard and ketchup to twist in. Hotdogs if dressed with sweet relish and french’s yellow should have a bit of heinz to accentuate the sweet. If dressed with sauerkraut and mustard than no ketchup; that would be wrong. Fishsticks with ketchup are pretty good because like tartar sauce, it makes the salt, acid, fat trifecta plus sweet. Add some tabasco and no longer so sweet. Which is why ketchup is such an ubiquitous and popular condiment. Oh and why has no one mentioned overcooked eggs?

Chocolate Candy GIF

My aunt showed me how to use ketchup to clean copper pans. Shhhh.

1 Like

Have you tried jalapeno ketchup? Yum!

1 Like