Keuka Lake Coffee Roasters Fresh Roasted - 3 Pack

Thanks for your confidence…and the storyteller, javalady is up at 1AM talking to everyone…that’s worth something, right?
PS: The coffee is yummy :slight_smile:

Clever Coffee Dripper by Abid. 12 grams fresh roasted and ground per 6 ounces, 200 degree farenheight filtered water. steeped for 3 -4 minutes. Perfection!

Babbie’s rule of Fifteens:
Green beans should be used in 15 months.
Roasted coffee should be used within 15 days
Ground beans should be used within 15 minutes
Extracted beans should be served within 15 seconds.

+1

It helps that I work in NYC, just steps from a number of specialty importers/roasters.

I do love coffee, and I also love supporting Finger Lakes businesses. My coffees of choice, however, are Kona, Sumatra, and anything from Africa, in that order. Any of those in the mix would probably have made this a buy.

P.S. No frack.

Our coffees are great iced as well as hot…I drink iced coffee and iced tea year round!

Keuka Lake Coffee Roasters on facebook

Susan Atkisson Co-Owner of Keuka Lake Coffee Roasters / Java Gourmet joins host Ted and Amy to show how cooking with coffee is a delicious idea!

+1
on the African coffees. Ehiopian Yirgacheffe and kenyans.

And the offer page is telling the truth…the new crop green beans arrived today…Brian will be roasting away tomorrow and through the weekend to make you “woot buyers” happy!

It’s worth a lot actually

I will buy because your not trying to sell me Che and Fidel Castro coffee like the last coffee sellers on here!

Hope it’s really good!

I can’t find where their store is located on the website. I own some land near Dundee, NY and go up there every November during hunting season so I go through Penn Yan often when I visit. I was born and raised in the Finger Lakes area but I never heard of them. I wonder if they are an internet sales only company and have no store front.

Nice grimace when the hostess, who clearly DIDN’T have her 5 cups of coffee, calls you “Suzanne Atkinson.” Way to prep.

Thanks for supporting the Finger Lakes and the “no frack”! African coffees, like Konas are grown in volcanic soil and share a lot of taste similarities…the earthiness in particular…Kenyan coffees are becoming increasing difficult to source due to political unrest and drought…

It is “Susanne”, spelled Susan, but Atkisson…a kiss in the middle…and being on TV is a nervous experience even though I was born in Hollywood! lol Thanks for watching the video…yummy stuff!

We have no retail location. When we started our business we decided to market through the wineries initially and are in many of them along with gift, gourmet, and farmers markets. we also sell online, but tat is a small percentage of total sales (15% or less)…we currently have 150+ retail outlets for our coffees and specialty foods throughout the US. And, by the way, there are a lot of people who haven’t heard about us…you’re not alone :slight_smile: Glad you found out!

Thanks! I’ll let the sleeping CEO know I should get a raise :slight_smile:

In for my first coffee.woot and looking forward to trying this! We have been drinking a ton of coffee lately.

If you’re fortunate to live in a lovely area like San Francisco where there’s Ritual, Four Barrel, and Blue Bottle, then I agree :slight_smile:

Edit: I just reread your post. The places I mentioned sell their coffee for more than the price of this deal. For example, this coffee from Ritual is going for ~$21 for 12 ounces:

http://shop.ritualcoffeeroasters.com/products/kenya

So if you’re buying coffee for significantly less than this, I’m sure it doesn’t compare to the quality of this offering. Perhaps local coffee prices vary a lot based on location?

The product page states:

“Many of the coffees are fair trade/certified organic.”

Are the coffees offered in this deal fair trade/organic? Does this depend on the location? I know coffees that are not “certified” organic may still be organic depending on the growing region. For example, according to a Four Barrel rep, all coffees grown in Ethiopia are organic.

Thanks!

I’m a fan of coffees with a high acidity. My first job was at starbucks (please don’t get all angry with me about this. I loved the job, and learned a great deal about coffee. Including the fact that I don’t like most of their coffee blends. I only found one or two blends that I really enjoy. So please don’t get all huffy with me about that) and some of my favorite coffee in the world is their casi cielo blend. Ever since then, I’ve been a big fan of latin american coffee blends. My question is this, how high would you say the acidity is in the guatamala coffee being sold here, and is there a great deal of citrus notes. Also, for the remaining two, are they nutty? I don’t really care for very nutty coffees so that’s a big factor in whether or not I buy.

Tricky thing is that to be considered organic everything in the process has to be organic. But as far as what you are asking, almost all arabica beans are going to be “I can’t believe it’s not organic.” Arabica beans are at a high enough elevation for there not to be much need for pesticides. If it’s arabica, you can safely assume it might as well be organic.