Keurig Vue® V700 Brewing System

Also - Where does everyone find the best prices for k cups these days? Other than putting my own coffee in the adapter, I seem to like green mountain brand the most…

Does anyone else have this machine an have they made loose leaf tea in it? If so, how much and which setting is working for you? thanks!

Also imo hot chocolate is disgusting in this thing. Im not sure why its an option other than to get you to buy more vue pods.

Costco has their Kirkland brand K-cups at $33.00 for 100. We don’t have a local Costco so I end up at Sam’s Club. Sam’s has the Folgers brand at $35.00 for 80 or $40.00 for 80 of most other brands.

Not at all.

Keurig/Green Mountain Coffee had a patent on the K-cup system. That patent has recently expired, and I believe the Vue system is their attempt at creating a new system on which they hold the patent again. Patent = exclusive rights to the coffee pods, which is where they make their $$

As mentioned previously, you simply don’t find the vue pods anywhere, while K-cups are everywhere.

Plus, it seems that Keurig brewers last somewhere between a year and two before inevitably breaking. I bought (and returned) one to a local warehouse store where the customer service rep estimated that they have an 80% return rate on them. I would buy one from a store with an “easy returns” sort of policy.

Just don’t use your Credit Card there… or worse yet, your Debit Card!!

Pricing is $149.99 with free shipping at Best Buy and many other venues including Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Green Mountain = Keurig. It’s the company that bought the Keurig design from the original inventors. With their patent, ALL K-cups are Green Mountain Coffee to some extent (that’s why they have everything on their website).

Where to buy depends on your coffee preferences of course. I’ve settled on these:
http://www.rogersfamilyco.com/index.php/san-francisco-bay-onecup/

I buy the box at Costco for something around $0.25 per cup. Close to half the price of others. Just keep the bag done up tight to maintain freshness (8/bag inside the box).

I circulate my local Marshalls/TJMaxx and/or Big Lots stores and they will randomly get a large selection of Kcups in that are either seasonal or receiving a new packaging upgrade. I stock up and use them till they are gone. Bold is harder to find doing that, but normally good medium/light roast blend selection to choose from.

Agree, I’m on brewer #5, however very fortunate that Keurig has been willing to replace my unit for free every time (it’s a heavy use type of environment, filtered water, etc) but until it can’t keep up or the generosity of their warranty runs out I’ll stick with K until the Vue is a bit easier to find or has something that I just can’t live without.

Bed bath and beyond has it for $149 plus you can use the 20% off coupon for $119. Just order online from store if it isn’t in stock to apply 20% coupon.

I have had my Breville Keurig for about 2 years (my third one in 5 years). If Keurig was smart they would have sold their new Vue K-cups at a reduced cost to get people interested. I’m happy with the old machine and the old k-cups for now.

Got this for christmas after my kids did “lots” of research on it. On paper, looks great with the different sizes, but in reality, eh. Took it back and exchanged after a week for the cuisinart which does up to 16 oz. the Vue was loud and slow, and I mean s-l-o-w. It makes a really loud cachunk cachunk noise when brewing. My tervis cups are all 12 oz and this one fills it perfectly. The hot water option is nice for kids to make hot chocolate (packaged, not k-cups) and oatmeal. Has $50 rebate right now so with 20% off at bbb comes out the same as Vue. Sorry about typos, on ipad.

I had a V500 and loved it, but there was not many choices for the cups. I got one of those cup adapters and used K cups and it started constantly dispensing grounds into my drink as well as clogging the needle. I returned it for a K cup machine over the weekend and do not regret it at all. Pay the little extra and just get a better K cup or keep yours if it still works well. I had my V500 for over 3 months and no new coffees came out. They even discontinued a couple that I was ordering online regularly. I also noticed that the prices went down on the Vue machines compared to when I purchased mine. DON’T DO IT! Nice machine, but stick with the K cup machines.

The main reason I’ve wanted to get a Vue instead of a K-cup machine is that the V-cups are recyclable, so using K-cups in this machine would defeat the purpose. I know I will consume several cups a day, and I just cannot add that much plastic to my garbage. I’m not a hippie or a tree-hugger but I just don’t like to throw plastic away. Still going to wait for a while to see if the Vue cups are more available.

Kirkland ones are weak, get the San Francisco Bay OneCups (160 for $52 shipped) from Costco’s website. Very good coffee.

Kuerig is coming out with new models that can use both types of cups next year.

http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/041732.php

Thanks for all of the info. Our Keurig just crapped out this morning after 6+ years of daily use. Think I will stick with the regular k-cups, though.

Looking for other comparisons?

This looks like to me the rebirth of the Tassimo (which is going, if not already gone, the way of the betamax). The Tassimo was an awesome machine that could do almost anything, including lattes, cappuccinos etc. So sad it was killed off by the cheaper K cup.

I would not get this until I knew it would be sticking around with a viable selection of coffees to fill it with. I’ve read the stuff about adaptors? Not sure how that would work since the cups are entirely different sizes/shapes?

I believe it’s been around since early 2012 (i.e., going on about two years, now), still without, apparently, significant availability of the Vue cups.

Check them out at Keurig’s own website.

Walmart has it for 139.95 with free shipping. So this isn’t a deal!

[MOD: Does not include the Keurig Vue-Pack]