KidSmart Vocal Smoke Detector – 2 Pack

as a new parent this means a … well not a whole lot to me… how about just a simple baby monitor?

Fuck Yeah!

Wait… Did I say fuck yeah? I meant to say Fuck that. When was the last time I had a fire? I think a blaring noise will give me much better appreciation of the gravity of the situation than a pleasant voice letting me know I’m gonna die. Gnight

This could really be a HOT item!

the description is awesome!! - very creative…

we have enough smoke detectors in our house right now, definitely don’t need two more…

“KIDS, GET THE F* UP AND JUMP OUT OF THE WINDOW!!”

With Love,

DAD

You know, having a 4 year old in the house, I can say that she would be much more likely to ignore a familiar voice - ESPECIALLY if it was yelling at her.

A strange loud noise though? THAT, now that would get her attention. Of course, any child should be taught about whatever fire alarm is in the house. I definitely think it’s innovative and has many more uses that people will inevitably take advantage of.

I almost want the frogs back. Almost.

only if you record it that way…

Wow, They market Smoke detectors based on the idea of parents fearing for their children, nice. I’d buy it if I had any kids,

~Bigmanrpb~

This is great!! I saw on TV that the voice of mom will wake up the kids much faster than the beeeeeep. I am in for 2. ANYTHING to keep my kids safe. And $20 total for 2 sounds like a deal. Thanks woot!

Hahaha…great podcast!

Heh, while maybe the familiar voice could wake them up, usually you would think then the kid would then ignore and defy the smoke detector

product haiku:

(in my boomiest possible voice…)

Put wet rag by door.
If hot, Throw Chair thru Window.
UH-OH, OH-NO, GO!

Wow, glad they didn’t have these when I was little, I’d really hate to have a fire and have my dad yelling as the wake up alarm…

Then agian ours now are just as annoying, and loud, thats the point, but darn.

I should get a pair of these to send to a friend who has a way overly senesitive smoke detector it gets antsy when stuff is cooking on the stove or microwave and gows off with just the slightest bit of heat. They definately need these to replace that touchy little thing.

But nay I"ll let them get them.

This is really weird. One of those devices you buy, but hope to never see if they work real well.

i’d be interested in hearing if any wooters here had this object before and can give testimony to, while their house was burning down, whether this product confused or aided your children.

How loud does it get? I’m assuming it has a “practice” like button.

Maybe you could creatively use this to wake up teens? Instead of screaming at them, mount this in their room and go in and press the button. maybe, while recording your soothing instructions, give a 10 second or so of silence…so you can get out of the room while the alarm screams at the surly teens to get up?

I dunno, I just hate kids.

These were featured on HGTV’s “I Want That” or one of those similar gadget shows. Seems useful if you’ve got kids in the house.

Some kids just sleep through alarms. Mine never hear my husband’s alarms in the morning. The only time they seem to wake up is if they hear us talking. Seriously. And that includes the baby as well.

I’m putting these in the kitchen and recording, " You burned dinner again!." My wife will love it.

if only the quality of the products matched the quality of the wootcasts…another gem today

Forget the kids, I want one just so I can record me screaming, “Dude! Seriously! There’s a fire! Get the #&%@ out!” to go with the loup beepy alarm I already have. But bonus? There was an SNL skit where the fire alarm plays hits from the 80’s, and now I can literally have that product. I’m thinking “Burning Down the House” by Talking Heads might actually make me smile and forget for just one second that I might have a huge disaster on my hands. Rockin woot!

My thoughts exactly!