Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G LTE Tablet

Strange, I can on mine.

http://tubefortab.com/youtube-on-kindle-fire/

I bet they’re new.
The `Zon just can’t sell any.

Is this one able to download Prime videos for offline viewing? The 7 inch fire can, but I cant find any information on this one

question…can you just use it wifi or do you have to connect it to AT&T 4G?

Of course, you can use it with WiFi only

I’ve been keeping an eye on the HDX for the “download to play offline” feature and only recently learned the HD can do it as well. Tempting, but I have questions:

1. For the data plans, are they 2 year contracts? And for that matter …

2. Can you use these 4G tablets as phones? I love my tablet but it has wifi only which isn’t used as much around here as I am not close to the city. An all in one device would help me out so much.

3. Someone mentioned the lack of playing Flash and I know the Amazon app store isn’t as big as Google Play and Itunes. However, do they have a Firefox app? I put it on my Asus tablet and Flash works with no problem.

I would be all over this if I could use it with Verizon. Bummer. I’ve been looking at these for awhile now.

Yeah, being limited to the Amazon App Store is a big drawback to the Fire. Especially since you have to have the App Store app running in the background ALL THE TIME (sucking up cpu cycles and memory) or you can’t run any of the apps you downloaded from there. Sure feels like Amazon spying on me to me!

Awful. Terrible. The worst thing ever. You cannot do worse than this generation of Kindle. For some reason no one ever seems to mention that they crash constantly because they’re so underpowered. Like, a web site can bring a Kindle HD to its knees.

I did discover that you can buy a laptop for less money that will literally do every single thing this box of trash does, except much better and for less money. So it was helpful in that sense.

Honestly, I’ve had mine since they came out, and I despise it and the people who made it. It really seems to have been made to induce frustration more than any other task. Don’t get me wrong, it works as it is supposed to. It’s just that apparently it was supposed to be a POS.

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jem

You mean the iPad that was restricted from using flash since the first version by Apple?

http://www.enyotalearning.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/main.jpg

Anyone ever have a problem with Woot on an order. I have e-mailed woot twice and its been two weeks with no response. is that normal.

[mod note: we’ll escalate your case to CS]

Self immolation? Really?

I have a non-LTE Fire HD, and it can download Prime videos for offline viewing. When the feature was first announced (as a new feature for the new Fire HDX), it could not, but at some point Amazon patched it in.

I wish I could pay for usage as I use it instead of plans. That’s how my other utility bills do it. Works well for the electric company, water & gas, too.

What is it with the phone & cable companies that they only pushin’ plans?

Correct, there is no SD card slot. And yes, you can. Once you’ve got the tablet, go to amazon.com/myk, click on Your Devices, select the tablet, and click the Edit button next to the Special Offers. You’ll be given the opportunity to pay $15 to remove special offers.

Keep in mind that the special offers are only visible on the screen saver/unlock screen, not once you’re signed in and using the tablet. They’re pretty unobtrusive.

They don’t have a Firefox app but you can easily sideload the Firefox app from the Google Play store and it works just fine on the Fire.

Shrug That happens to be true of every single tablet made and sold today.

Since the iPad has the same limitation, I’m not sure why you think that’s the better alternative.

None of the tablets today support the latest version of Flash. In Apple’s case, it’s because they refused to support Flash from the very beginning due (they claimed) to security issues. In the Android case, it’s because Adobe stopped supporting Flash on Android two years ago.

As for YouTube, why do you need the YouTube app when m.youtube.com works just as well?