Kindle Keyboard 6" Wi-Fi E-Reader

It’s slow. Others must have found it now, but it doesn’t say sold out, yet.

We must be reaching saturation. I saw the link and, having already scored a BOC myself, walked over to where my Wooter co-worker was working, mentioned to her that it was available, and walked her through finding the URL and entering it in…and she still got in before it had sold out. Easily five minutes from start to end.

EDIT: Holy crow, that was a half hour ago and it still doesn’t say sold out. C’mon people!

What’s the secret? I must be blind :frowning:

The first time I tried I got a weird website in a language I did not know.

I also picked up a kindle. not sure why :slight_smile:

It’s sold out so it no longer matters. If you look at the pictures to the right of the tablet’s 2nd page you’ll see a funky looking picture. If you zoom in you’ll see a tiny address.

http://bit.ly/1tDLT6X

Caps count! 1 (one) and l (small L) can throw you off.

I’ve seen a bunch of these today.

So I just got mine, still not entirely sure why I got it.

The one that was sent to me happens to be a 3G one though :open_mouth:

And the 3G is still working :smiley: So I’m pretty excited about that. Already gotten it set up to read my gmail, so that’s a nice surprise.

I got mine today too. No 3g though. Too bad.

The back was obviously removed, as it is not completely back on.

I charged it and it is working just fine.

Hey there. I don’t think this was advertised as 3G.

I walk outside to run an errand and what do I see sitting at the front door right under the “use side door” sign - my kindle :). First experience with delivery by Amazon Logistics - not impressed (can’t track it, no knock on the door). If I hadn’t wandered outside it would’ve just sat there. After getting back home I had to quickly open the box to find another smaller box as expected. I got a little excited when I read the sticker on the side and it said it was a Kindlle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G+WI-FI. Nice bonus :). I see the packing slip that also said I ordered the Kindle Keyboard 3G, Free 3G +WI-FI. Woohoo, must be true, it said it twice, right? The kindle is mummy wrapped in brown packing paper so I quickly unroll to find it in a plastic baggie (with the sorry, your battery is dead screen) along with the usb power cord. I pull it out and check it out. Yeah I was expecting scratches since it was used and so cheap and wasn’t disappointed as there were some on the case near the bottom corners of the screen. That’s when I see it - Ewwwwww, Grosssssss, Were are my GLOVES… I repeat WHERE ARE MY GLOVES!!! The table became an instant bio-hazard zone. I must’ve been naive to think these things where CLEANED during the refurb process. Let’s see…Tiny crumbs in the tiny keyboard [check], tiny HAIRS in the tiny keyboard [check], tiny HAIRS in the side page up AND page down keys [check and check] and several EYELASHES stuck between the screen and the case - UGH and ICK all at the same time. Thank goodness I had an empty stomach. So apparently the person who previously owned it or refurbed it was a multi-tasker and shaved, plucked and read books all at the same time (shaking my head). Well since I wanted to see if it worked the gloves stayed on until it was up and ready. Ok, it turns on [check]. It asks what WI-FI network you want to attach to [check]. Ugh, apparently the mothership wanted to dabble in comedy and decided selling a WI-FI Kindle (which I knew I bought) and then stuffing it in a 3G/WI-FI box and putting a you bought a 3G/WI-FI receipt in the box would be hilarious. Amazon - you are no WOOT, go back to your day job. In the end, I did get a great deal on a WI-FI Kindle and after a thorough cleaning involving, gloves, tape, canned air and I’m sure other cleaning products, it will no longer be gross and will be completely usable (without gloves- lol).
Oh yeah and the back left side had a small chunk missing just above where the back panel was slightly lifted up so I guess I’ll have to break out the duct tape to make sure it doesn’t pop back open again - ugh and sigh.

Got my Kindle too. I got the 3G + WiFI version too. And I got extra lucky since mine was clean, not hairy and no scratches.

Nothing worst than a hairy kindle my friends. Stay thirsty my friends. Book thirsty that is. Woot

I’ll be honest, my wife owns the Fire and that is as much as I know about kindles. What is this Free 3G business that is included in this device. What network does it use and what is the scoop?
thanks

Dead on arrival, won’t charge. Fast refund and I get one more charger. Bummer though.

Mine ended up being clean, but unfortunately dead. Super quick refund at least!

The only weird thing I’ve noticed with mine is that the battery does run down faster than what I’ve anticipated. In 2 days, about 50% batt remains. I do have WiFi on, and yesterday I used the 3G while on the road. So probably (and hopefully) that may be a good reason for that.

After I run the first batt cycle down and re-charge, I plan on turning WiFI and 3G off and see how that goes…

Sounds about on par with what I was seeing with the 3g/wifi turned on the whole time. I would say that that’s normal, especially given the age of these things. It does discuss getting really long battery life but specifying that the wireless features be turned off.

Well 3 days after giving my Kindle a shave, shampoo and blow dry it appears to still have a full charge. Nice! So apparently getting a hairy and slightly dinged up Kindle is much better than a DOA one :). Hopefully “Hairy” will provide me with many happy years of e-reading - lol :).

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Good to hear. I am really digging mine. I got a case that is 85% of the cost of the Kindle LOL!

Got mine today. A couple of minor scratches along the right edge. No hairs, etc. I’ve got the 3G version, which is pretty sweet since I wasn’t expecting one. Working okay so far. Pretty stoked about this score.

I got my two.

Was anybody else’s opted in for “Special Offers”?

I was expecting the annoying “special offers” screen saver too but was pleasantly surprised when mine had the regular non-ad screen saver. After seeing the variety of Kindles people are getting, I think the mothership just tossed whatever they had on the shelf in a box and shipped it out. Still a little sad I didn’t score a “surprise” 3G upgrade :frowning: but I can’t complain about scoring a working wi-fi version for $14.99 :).