Kindle Paperwhite (2015) 6" E-Reader

Kindle Paperwhite (2015) 6" E-Reader

Are the batteries new or 7 years old?

They’re tested to make sure they have good life.

What’s a “good” life mean? They are 7yo batteries aren’t they?

There are pulled from Amazon so we don’t have specific information. This is all they have:

All of our products go through a quality check by us prior to being sold. We thoroughly test the functional and physical condition of each item and give the product a specific grade before selling it. We also inspect our products for missing accessories and packaging damage. Based on our quality check, each item will be assigned one of the four evaluations to describe its overall condition: “Like New”, “Very Good”, “Good”, and “Acceptable”.

Used - Good : An item in good condition that may show wear from moderate use and fully functions. The item may arrive with damaged packaging or be repackaged. It may have minor cosmetic damage, such as a small scratch. The item may be missing some valuable accessories and it may not be used until those accessories are purchased separately. Missing accessories are shown under individual item description.

Edit: I ended up contacting support after writing this. They got back to me pretty quickly and will be sending a replacement!

Original comment:

Got mine. I guess for future readers on similar deals:

Using the method mentioned here https://www.reddit.com/r/kindle/comments/ucfva0/how_to_determine_kindles_battery_health/, mine’s at around 78% battery health. The scratch marks are also not “small” since it’s all over the cover. There are some small dents + some paper thing (?) stuck beneath the edge of the screen. It works and there’s no scratches on the screen itself, but tbh I’m not too happy about it haha. It feels more like it’s “acceptable” (but with no missing parts) than “good” imo. It doesn’t feel like a deal, but I do tend to take care of my stuff sooooo…

Here are some pictures since not everyone’s standards are the same: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

(Would love a replacement if possible :eyes:, but understandable if not)