Kindle Touch Wireless Reading Device

Item Preview:
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/5257eac0-0464-4c19-94d5-5b3a0da4f5f9.jpg

**Item: **Kindle Touch Wireless Reading Device
Price: $54.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Amazon Certified Refurbished
Read the Blog - Buy It

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Kindle Touch Wireless Reading Device)

[Search Google](Kindle - Google Shopping Touch Wireless Reading Device)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/29/2013 - $54.99 (Woot-off) - 27 comment(s)
11/27/2013 - $54.99 - 0 comment(s)

Kindle Touch Wireless Reading Device
Price: $54.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard* or $9 Two-Day or *$12 One-Day
Condition: Amazon Certified Refurbished

Comparison Links:
[Google Products](Kindle - Google Shopping Touch Wireless Reading Device) - [Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Kindle Touch Wireless Reading Device) - [Previous Woot Sales](Google Touch Wireless Reading Device)

Opened Friday’s Woot-Off on the mother site.

Check out this review from Endgadget

I love my kindle, although I have a fire. I had a charging issue, and Amazon replaced it with no issues.

Very good review (4 out of 5 stars) over at computershopper.com

Scrolling through that description. It’s almost as if Amazon had some sort of influence on Woot!

I have this model, Kindle keyboard and Kindle Fire. It is so easy on the eyes and quite light.

I do too, the exact same three. I paid $115 for my KT through ebay almost 2 years ago before they were discontinued. It also came with a case, 3G/WiFi and USB cable. The seller had received another tablet and decided to sell the KT. It’s a nice reader for sure.

When I decided to get a Kindle, I opted for a Kindle 4 instead of a Touch. I like the fact that the one without the touch screen has buttons on both sides for both page forward and back, which makes reading one-handed exceptionally easy. (It didn’t hurt that I only paid about $40 as well.)

A lot of my reading time involves a cuddly dog being in my lap, so it’s nice to turn pages with one hand rather than having to pause in the petting (she sometimes nudges and pokes me until the petting resumes).

We usually use manufacturer text. And the Kindle is made by Amazon. Sooooo…

I think if you already have a tablet of some flavor, this is an excellent sister device at a great price. Why would you want it if you already have a tablet? Reading outside in direct sunlight, say by a pool on vacation. It is also smaller and more comfortable to read on than a tablet.

If you don’t have a tablet you can use to read in dark situations (and aren’t planning on getting one), then maybe it would be worth it to spend the extra money on a paperwhite. But still, at this price, a small booklight will still be far cheaper than the paperwhite.

So…is this version ad-supported, or not? Pretty good deal if it doesn’t come with ads.

Eh, I have seen the Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight cheaper than this (new) twice in the past week. With the Nook, besides light, you get a micro SD slot, optional directory structure (for collections) and a rootable Android device (plus, I like the option of using physical buttons, and the Epub format).

This is the one with ads (“Special Offers”).

Here’s more about the Special Offers.

You can opt out of them with a one-time payment if you just can’t stand them.

This model is button controlled (my preference), otherwise is identical:
http://www.amazon.com/sale-deals-Kindle-refurbished/dp/B007TKK5SG
It is $59.00 refurbished 6" E Ink at amazon.com and includes a full year warranty, just like a new model.

[MOD: Ours has the one-year warranty as well.]

OK, so the total price is the same for both.
The choice comes to touch, or buttons.

Personally I think buttons are more convenient when searching the dictionary, but more important, I need only one hand to read and flip pages, while my other hand can stay warm i my pocket :slight_smile:

It is ad-supported, but the ads are pretty innocuous. The screen savers are ads, but I never noticed them as being in-my-face advertising. There’s also a thin line of ad info at the bottom of the page, which takes up a bit of real estate but at this sale price can be ignored.

I have a Nexus 7" tablet that’s all but unusable outside or in any other bright light, but my Kindle is readable everywhere except in the dark. And I have a terrific little booklight that solves that problem nicely.

LOL! I have the same KIndle 4 for exactly the same reason: the side buttons are highly advantageous, and the five-way controller is only a minor nuisance. On those rare occasions I don’t have a dog on my lap, I’m lying in bed reading, and the one-handed operation is useful for us lazy readers.

[QUOTE=jabluszko, post:16, topic:402639]

This model is button controlled (my preference), otherwise is identical:
http://www.amazon.com/sale-deals-Kindle-refurbished/dp/B007TKK5SG
It is $59.00 refurbished 6" E Ink at amazon.com and includes a full year warranty, just like a new model.

[MOD: Ours has the one-year warranty as well.]

Oh, oh. MOD, please correct me if I am wrong, but all I can see is “1-year protection plan: $10.99” in the description.

On the other hand, I stand corrected. the model I am listing here does not include audio jack, so it is not really ‘identical’ model.

[MOD: Last line of the LONG features - Warranty: 1 Year Kindle]

In our family we have two Kindle Keyboard with 3G and one basic Kindle (this one?). Not too enthralled by the touch ones, I agree with others that flipping pages is better with physical buttons. I’m debating if it’s worth it to upgrade to the next generation which has higher resolution along with the innovative front lighting. In any case, I love my Kindle ereaders!