Kindle Touch Wireless Reading Device

I really love my Kindle Touch! Since I got it, I have been reading soooooo much more. I purchased a light that attaches to the top of the device. It works ok. I have also loaded pdfs to it and have been able to read them with no problem. There are directions for doing this here.

Also, I love that I can look up words with just a touch! My husband just mentioned that this feature is why he is reading books on his Kindle Paperwhite more than print books these days.

Bought one on a previous Woot. Had to buy a cover with a light for it. Even though the e-ink is VERY easy to read in good lighting, my old eyes have trouble when the lights are a little more dim. IMO, the ads are completely non-intrusive. Definitely not worth paying to disable. I agree with whoever said the price is still a little high, considering the source.

A vertical swipe will bring you to next or previous chapter (depending on if it’s an up or down swipe, of course).

For the people with issues about lighting saying they had to get a cover with a built-in light here’s a suggestion I have used for years with my first and second generation Kindles.

I do a lot of my Kindle reading at night when my wife is trying to sleep next to me. I got a headlamp flashlight that has an optional red beam. The red beam REALLY brings out the contrast on the Kindle screen in a fantastic way and it is not a bright light that wakes up my wife. you can get them for about $12 at Lowes.

alternate use of text-to-speech

The Text-to-speech feature of this Kindle can be used to turn e-books into audio books, of course. But you can also use TTS to automate the page turns when your on the treadmill.

The speed of the TTS feature is adjustable. I use it as much with the volume turned down completely as with it turned up. On a treadmill or exercise bike it is nice not having to touch the screen to turn the page.