King 8" Cool Wave Memory Foam Mattress

Yeah, I’m a shill for Sears.

*Kids will twist an ankle jumping on these thick mattresses
*Mattresses will cost hundreds more dollars than floor tiles
*You’ll need a steady hand and a good electric knife to cut the mattresses to fit
*Stains deep in mattresses can’t be removed

Mr Reggae is smokin’ something and not using his full brain.

Your concrete thinking gives rise only to oppugnant Hegelianism.

Does anyone know the shipped size of this? I live in an old house and can’t get a traditional king mattress up the stairs. This should work depending on its non-expanded size.

I have two of these mattresses (one queen, one twin). The queen is on the box spring that came with our previous mattress. Try Craigslist or Freecycle for a box spring (if you don’t mind secondhand bed parts). The twin is on a platform that I built myself.

Gotta say, after years of hating whatever mattress we had, I really love these mattresses. Ours have held up just fine for two years now. I’ve slept on the super-expensive name-brand memory foam mattresses and don’t notice any difference. Of course, that could just prove that I’m not a real princess, but still.

From my experience: Caveat emptor, in spades.

I’d be verrry wary of buying a non-Tempurpedic foam mattress, especially when you can’t try before you buy. We bought one online a few years ago from an outfit in N.C. What a waste of money and time.

Felt like heaven to sleep on for the first couple months, but then the foam structure apparently broke down, developing deep sags in the areas where wife and I slept. Got so bad, I didn’t get good sleep and my back was worse than ever. And the depressions didn’t spring back like in the commercials.

After complaining to company, they replaced it and suggested that we put a moisture barrier on to prevent foam from getting damp from perspiration. Long story short: That didn’t help and same problem developed. Never got a refund despite video documentation and complaining to BBB and atty gen.

Plus, you buy outside area, you usually don’t get free setup and removal of old bedding. You gotta haul it away, or pay someone to do so.

If you are sensitive to chemical odors, take note in the description about the odor after you remove mattress from bag in which it is compressed.

Also note the caveat about the mattresses not having uniform firmness from one to another.

They don’t. Not to mention how they don’t work once squished under the weight of a person at rest on top. We solved this problem by turning the A/C down two notches.

mattresses and box springs are sold separately pretty much everywhere

Top 2 inches are 4 lb density…mediocre. Rest of it: plain ol’ foam. Speaks for itself.

Can I cut this down to fit into my Queen size waterbed frame?

Why not just get the Queen size one from www.woot.com??

Duh...

I wonder why you think I did not think of that. The waterbed frame is 66" and the queen woot is 60".

Ikea sells bed frames that don’t require box springs… I assume others do also.

I had a old box spring and to support this I just put a piece of 3/4" plywood on top… these mattresses or really most mattresses don’t need a box spring.

Box springs are mostly an American thing

I have a 4" memory foam matress topper, which worked well for a while, but now I wake up all the time with pressure points (ie: my arm is asleep instead of me…) and the heat retention is awful.

Being foam, you can cut these to any size (or shape) you want.

I’m seriously tempted to give this a try. One thing about this one- you can’t flip it over and use the other side to keep it uniform.

Rather than trimming, I’d go with the queen and buy a filler for the head or foot of the bed. FYI,you’re really looking for a California Queen to fit a waterbed frame.

But it’s not a Tempur-Pedic! Much worthe extra thousand dollars

As follows, a .pdf for the CPSC 16 CFR part 1633 Flammability Standard… have fun dissecting this one…

and, a little Mattress Fire Test video to go along with your reading…

I got a topper for my conventional mattress from (insert big box warehouse store name here). I’m not passing judgment on this mattress. I will say that the topper I bought with 4" memory foam is awesome! And it cost $149 for a king size. Just sayin’. Along with a set of super soft microfiber sheets, it’s like sleeping on a cloud!
Edit: I just saw a previous post on adding topper to regular mattress. I’ve been using my topper for more than a year and I’m not experiencing any problems. I have removed and rotated it once just for even wear. I’m not sure that was necessary and I wasn’t experiencing any problems but I tend to sleep in the same position and place every night.

Woot!

Sitting In Limbo

Thanks, NG.

Bun d’ fyah.

The Harder They Come

Just got the mattress and I have a foolish question. Which side is up? Do I sleep on the side with the waves or the other side? Thanks!