King Size Memory Foam Mattress with Ventilation System

Hey sparky, the woot.com one is queen… these are king…

California King beds are 72 inches wide X 84 inches long - 4 inches narrower and 4 inches longer than a regular king. Eastern (Standard) King Size Mattresses are 76 inches wide x 80 inches long.

…and there is more cushion for the pushin’…

Definately would of bought it if it didnt have a poor warranty. I guess paying $75 - $150 more for a 5 or 10 year warranty would be more worth it.

Even the cheap one at Sams Club for $250 for a king has a 5 year warranty.

Sorry, dont want to have some perma sink hole in my mattress in a year from now and then get stuck buying another mattress.

Other way round here. King sheets almost impossible to fine. Everybody carries CA King sheets. Even Target & Walmart.

Quite different actually. Judicious use of pillows to counter the “sinking in” will make it great though.

Also, you will get no bounce action…could be a plus or a minus depending on your view. For us, it is no better or worse, just different.

On some other questions, a normal, un-ventilated memory foam mattress retains a tremendous amount of heat…to the point where I would rather sleep on our couch during the summer, but it is nice in the winter. The amount of heat retention you perceive is probably related to the amount you put out…I put out a lot, been told I’m an oven even in a normal bed. If you’re always cold, you may like the heat retention.

Ventilation helps some. My daughter has a ventilated memory foam mattress…it is a little cooler to sleep on, not a night and day difference by any stretch though.

Also, one of the great things is that movement doesn’t transfer throughout the mattress. I can get out of bed in the morning and the mattress does not shake at all, my other half doesn’t even know I got up unless I pull on the covers by accident.

Finally…these all sag/depress after a few years. We got five out of ours and are now looking to replace because it is uncomfortable. Our friends with a Tempurpedic got even less.

When the temp is right and the mattress is new, I’ve never been more comfortable in bed.

This is cracking me up. Right off the bat I wondered if anyone would ask about sex. Interesting. The sinking in further and no bounce-back and judicious use of pillows… Heehee

Before purchasing, I suggest you read this. I had the same sicknesses from memory foam. I actually moved to a different house because of it.
http://www.chem-tox.com/guest/guestbook.html

You don’t need the extra pillows to support her lower back…

It seems you would still save buying from Woot as the shipping is only 5 bucks.

Is this like a platform bed you set on something else since it doesn’t need box springs?

Warranty? There appears to be none…

Shipping is only $1 there and they offer a 10yr warranty for $49. Looks like it’s overstock.com for me…

I have a tempurpedic bed and love it, but have never slept on one of the knock-offs. That being said, I do know a tempurpedic dealer and he says the main thing you want to look for in a memory foam bed is the density (given in this case, for whatever reason, in pounds) An 8 pound foam mattress is very good. A 4 pound foam mattress is not. Then again, you can pay up to $2500 for an 8 pound, so perhaps the $400 they’re asking isn’t bad?

Do you really think overstock will be around for 10 years?

$549 on Amazon w/ Good reviews

http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Peyton-Sensations-Memory-Mattress/dp/B001TRET0A

Do most people use a split box foundation for the California King?

What do they cost?

That is what you get for living in the wierdest state on Earth.

Why doesn’t it say on front add that it’s not available in california it sure would help.

None of these ? apply if your from CA. Because you can"t get it.