Kingston SDHC Class 4 32GB Flash Card

No and No.

32GB is the limit for SDHC and they’ll be going to SDXC (up to 2 TBs) down the line.

So, prices for these cards probably won’t ever go below $50 for 32GB.

Also, this is a Class 4 card, chances are high that any cheaper cards are Class 2, worse.

nice card but the 32 gig sdhc is 69 bucks everyday low price at frys, and you dont have to pay shipping…where’s the bargain, woot?

Great deal!
Make sure that your device can handle this amount of memory though. If it is just SD compliant and not SDHC compliant, this won’t work for you.

Tempting - I keep a 16 gig in my Asus EEEPC for audio and video on the road, and it’s always a hassle selecting which to take with me. This would halve (or double) the problem.

Think I’ll sleep on it.

Hey woot, get back to me when this is a Class 6

Can you not put FAT32 on this card? and shoot for longer than 4GB files? like in a canon video camera?

Only after $15 mail-in rebate according to the ads here. And I detest mail-in rebates: fill out the form, maybe get the check (much later), have to make special trip to the bank…too much hassle for a few dollars.

For $4 more at Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211382

you get a class 6 (faster), but I’d rather have the brandname.

FYI - The classes are the write speeds in MB/s. There are currently classes 2, 4, and 6 and class 4 is the most common.

Holy Cow! I just realized something…

I could put my whole music library on this thing.
3322 songs @20.5GB

Or my whole picture library!
16,644 pictures at ~20GB @(3081x2310)

Or all of my home videos!
273 videos @ ~22.9GB

Heh - Amateur :slight_smile:

$ du -csh Audio Video Photos
128G Audio
124G Video
33G Photos
284G total

$44 on ebay

OK, so with my Rockbox’d Sansa E260, I can theoretically use all 32GB?? Anyone know? Bueller?

Personally I’ve had a bunch of A-Data cards and they work really well. It’s tempting .Way too tempting…

http://www.frys.com/product/5896373?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

im seeing $79.99 broski

Well if you had the new Eee PC, you’d have an SD card reader built-in. At any rate, that card wouldn’t be helpful since I added a 320GB hard drive.

I just realized that this would be awesome in the Wii, now that they’ve unlocked the SD reader. If I remember correctly, a recent firmware update allows for the use of SDHC and allows you to copy/play downloaded games from a memory card.

You guys screwed up the bullet points on the description: it looks like
File Format SDHC File Format
FAT32 Reliable lifetime warranty
right now

This would be great for my eee pc that i got from woot not so long ago could use to store stuff and add another boot option

Ugh. Class 4. If you have a slow P&S camera or need additional storage for music or other slow-access items in your portable device, maybe. Otherwise…

And I took 20gb of photos today alone. Take that, woot. You’re right - I wouldn’t be able to ever fill one of these up because they’re so slow.

RAW?