Kingston SSDNow 128GB SATA 2 Solid State Drive

not a great deal. 200 is about right for this thing normally. did a google search, x’d it, don’t feel like proving my point. But, if this does have a $50 MIR, that will sweeten the deal.

One of the main points of SSD is the speed so if you don’t have Sata II then save your money and pass.

$224 on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139137&cm_re=128gb_ssd-_-20-139-137-_-Product

Is there any difference between this one & the one on BUY.COM?

One would assume so, given this text in the description:

“Making this change will improve a notebook’s efficiency in a wide range of tasks, from booting up to running the most robust operating system and demanding applications”

I have 2 of these (one for each laptop). For $155 bucks they will sure make your computer feel a lot snappier. They aren’t the fastest SSD’s on the market, but they are inexpensive and provide rock solid reliability. It’s best to do a fresh instal to make sure your partitions are properly alligned (Win7) for max performance. I got mine form Buy.com for this price with free shipping and no tax (TX) and a $50 mir.

Did I just miss a Bag Of Crap? We have a few Kingston products and they are great.

I keep waiting on Drives since they’re developing new bigger and better ones every month (it seems), but I need to get one eventually and the price is good here. Don’t know though… I think I’m more just looking for transportable ones.

What tracker are you using? The ones I’ve been looking at aren’t working for this woot off.

My bad. with the $55.00 rebate to wooters it makes it a real good deal. Slower than other SSD’s but for the price its good

I got one of these in December and it works great. Connects like any other hard drive, but is fast, silent, and relatively cool as advertised.

I have had Adobe Bridge fail several times when using data from the SSD rather than from regular disks. I can’t say whether that’s the software’s fault or not.

As for laptops, a qualified “yes”. Some have a handy door to replace the drive, others require some disassembly of the case. You might want to make a quick check.

Wooters.us is working.

Those who bought this before, did Woot’s come with the cloning kit?

Anyone else wondering why the “warranty void if removed” sticker is removed?

Ah, the other woot sites work now. I bet they just restarted the servers between products (that’s why the site was down). Working with databases and servers makes this occurance make more sense.

wooters.us is up

Woot is already giving away bag of ponies: Blog - Woot

90%x90%

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/de/Bad_cat_hides_lolcat.png[/img]

ehh, 160 AR with FS @ the buy place. Where’s the deal…?

Those parents better make sure that castle still has the mic intact and makes the same cheap echo sound or they can kiss that drive goodbye…

Wait a minute that was Skeletors castle, nevermind carry on…