Kissy Fish Mixed Case (12)

It does! Thank you for joining us today!

That’s kind of what I figured, being from your house and all.

Gewurtztreminor, the saddest of all wines.

awww, took it to the sad place this morning :frowning:

No, that was an obscure Spinal Tap reference.
Note his spelling on the grape.

It has been faaaar too long since I’ve seen Spinal Tap!

:smiley:

Nigel Tufnel: It’s part of a trilogy, a musical trilogy I’m working on in D minor which is the saddest of all keys, I find. People weep instantly when they hear it, and I don’t know why.
Marty DiBergi: It’s very nice.
Nigel Tufnel: You know, just simple lines intertwining, you know, very much like - I’m really influenced by Mozart and Bach, and it’s sort of in between those, really. It’s like a Mach piece, really. It’s sort of…
Marty DiBergi: What do you call this?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called “Lick My Love Pump”.

I visited the Lange tasting room in Dundee a few weeks ago with a small group of friends, and was denied when I requested to taste the Kissy Fish (even though it was listed on the tasting menu for the day), which was severely disappointing. I generally like off-dry sippers, but am unwilling to plunk down my dollars on an untasted wine when I’m standing in the “tasting room” and they’re not tasting the wine in question.

This woot price is much better than the on-premise price was, but I’m still not going to buy. Sad mittens.

I’ve bought the white every time I’ve visited Lange. I like it a lot with spicy food. I’m looking forward to trying the red.

Been away for a while and noticed this is available for shipment to NJ. Is this the first one since the NJ law was put in effect in May or have there been others?

Jersey’s lit up on these three maps from the past week.

Unfortunately, I just moved to Boston. Looks like I need to find a friend in NH.

Can you provide some actual numbers? Total acidity, residual sugar percentage, pH? We mostly understand the numbers here, and I know my “just drinkable” RS level for white is “cloying” for RPM, for example.

White wine with spicy food? that is highly unusual. hmmm. what does that suggest about the wine?.. or does it suggest something about the drinking instead… hmmmm…

Thanks a lot. I’m a super wine noob so responses from you (and other people) are very helpful for me.

Edit: hehe I love the word filters.

It is very common to drink off-dry white wine with spicy good. Gewürztraminer or Riesling with Indian food, for example, is a perennial favorite.

Although not useful to this thread. I love me some Verdhello with spicy food - say Thai.

Im always suspicious when a winery jumps n then fades away once the tough questions are asked, i.e. Ph, total acidity, etc. Or when comments such as one posted here about the winery not having the rogue available for tasting…

No clue about this wine, but I found the comment by the winery that this $9 red will age for a decade a bit hard to believe. Not that the inability to age a $9 wine is a bad thing at all, but that the winery would make that statement – when the likely reality (although I don’t know due to the lack of info you pointed out) is that it’s good for a couple years at best – is concerning.

The only reds in this approximate price category I know of to have been capable of aging a decade - for real and developing serious complexity - were the 1970 Beaulieu Vineyards generic Burgundy and one bottling of Eleven Cellars nv claret (4/74) that could have been dated 1970. (Curiously, something like 75-80% of that bottling was purchased by members of the family, I never saw any in commercial distribution).

How long do they normally take to ship? Been sitting at Awaiting Shpping for 12 days?