Kitchen Table Bakers All Parmesan Gourmet Cheese Crisps - Six Pack

Kind of pricey but I bet they’re delicious. Seriously WD, I’m betting you. If they are delicious, you send me a free order. Deal? :happy:

Kind of a relief that this is not another wine deal. Also, seems like a bit much for fancy crackers.

Kitchen Table Bakers All Parmesan Gourmet Cheese Crisps - Six Pack
$21.99 + $5 shipping
Condition: Cheesey
Products:
1 Three oz. Aged Parmesan Crisps
1 Three oz. Italian Herb Parmesan Crisps
1 Three oz. Garlic Parmesan Crisps
1 Three oz. Jalapeño Parmesan Crisps
1 Three oz. Rosemary Parmesan Crisps
1 Three oz. Everything Parmesan Crisps

Product Website

by looking at the picture… 13 crackers - give or take a box? That’s more than the crab to put on them?

Ah… but these are not crackers. These are actually Parmesan cheese so really, the price isn’t insane. Cheese is expensive.

If I did the math right, it works out to tenty-five cents per cracker… shipping included

Can we assume these are not made of the coveted Parmigiano Reggiano?

Here is some insight into the world of Parmesan cheese. Parmesan is actually the French term for Parmigiano, according to the linked wiki.

I’ve had these before, they’re actually very good. they’re actually a rarity, an extremely low carbohydrate food that is crispy. If you’re on a carbohydrate cutting plan, they’re the perfect cracker substitute. Just watch out for their high calories (but as a snack they’re perfect…if you can stop at one or two)

This seems like a good deal if you want to sample it. A bit pricey but definitely cheaper than Amazon http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_grocery?ie=UTF8&search-alias=grocery&field-brandtextbin=Kitchen%20Table%20Bakers

I’ve had these stuck upright in a few salads before at various different restaurants. They’re really good. Obviously they’re not from a box like this though, I’m assuming they were cooked there. Still if they taste anything like what I’ve had then these are really delicious. I might be in for one, not sure yet.

Doubt I could do that. :slight_smile:

Also, found a small review from the NY Times as these are apparently made in Syosset, NY (Long Island):

Also more expensive than a healthy chunk of legitimate Parmigiano at a respectable market. I would love to know exactly what cheese these crackers are made from. Parmesan cheese is about as descriptive as cheddar cheese; and there are hundreds of cheddar cheeses out there.

Cheese crisp recipe Video

Fantastic chip replacement for a low carb diet. I’m in for 3.

I’ve had these before, served them at Chicago wine.woot tasting a couple years back. I had the plain parmigiana and it had a great cheese taste and they were crunchy. We just ate them plain, although I think they’d be good drizzled with a little of the balsamic. Not sure what else I would/could serve them with?

Still debating whether I’m in for a set; It’s a lot of cheese crisps for just one person!

These are $4.99 each at Wegmans. The regular parmesan are delicious, the other flavors I can’t vouch for as they aren’t my bag. They bake them just enough to get them crisp. We have to hide them from our 5 year old because we’re terrible parents and don’t think he’s worth wasting these on.

Oh, and they’re about the roundness of an aluminum can.

What is the expiration date on these?

You Wine.Wooters are pros at matching.

So, what other foods who something like this go good with? I’m looking for other foods, not wine.

Fresh mozzarella with the aforementioned balsamic vinegar…

Caviar would be nice…

Fresh pear or apple…

Jumbo lump crabmeat…

But the fact that they’re cheese means they’re high in fat. Is there any point in cutting carbs if you aren’t cutting fat?