KitchenAid 5Qt Tilt-Head Stand Mixer-3 Colors

I bought mine 22 years ago as a wedding present for my bride (wedding gift for us)
works great … love the attachments …
also love the story woot used on this one.
made me LOL … :smiley:

In the Box:
•(1) KitchenAid 5Qt Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Glass Bowl

Do you also get the dough hook, the whip and the flex edge beater as shown in the pic?

Except Target currently has it $5 cheaper… plus free shipping.

There are three styles of KA mixers depending on how you plan to use it. Here’s a link I found helpful in shopping for mine: http://www.smallapplianceshortcuts.com/product-reviews/mixers/best-kitchenaid-mixer/

Can you tell me what size the motor is?

Yes. From the features…

Includes tilt-head stand mixer, 5-quart glass bowl, flex edge beater, burnished metal dough hook and 6-wire whip.

Checking Black Friday ads and not finding a better deal yet ?!?!

300W

Does anyone know if the bowl has a handle?

will you find better deals on a kitchenaid stand mixer for black friday? possibly. but it is very likely that you will only find the mixer in black, red, or white. if your heart is set on the cobalt blue or metallic chrome (a color i’ve actually never seen before from KA), you might want to seriously consider this deal, as some colors can be quite difficult to get.

how do i know? it took me forever to find a place selling the cobalt blue version at a reasonable price a few years ago (back before KA widely re-released this color). but i’m very happy i did! <=]

based on the photos and model numbers: YES.

Always pay attention to the motor size.
I’ve had this model (300W) for about ten years and it’s mostly great. Depends on what you use it for though. It is not good for stiff bread doughs or larger batches, you need a more powerful motor and bigger bowl for those.

It IS great for general things like whipping cream and making cookies and cakes. YMMV

So, I’m a little confused - they have one at Costco (the 575 Watt one)…is it worth it to purchase or no?

I picked up one from woot a short time back at this price, but it was for the Artisan version:

Red Green would just duct tape two power cords together. There’s a reason power outlets come in pairs.

Amazon reviews say it is tough to work with because it doesn’t have the tilting head. The power is nice but a pain to use. I searched for hours trying to find this model in a cheaper deal with no luck. So bought one! Daughters Christmas present. She better love it! :slight_smile: lol

If you only make single batches of cookies/cakes/pies, this machine is great. I have the red anniversary edition that is 325 watts. I loved it for many years, but noticed it struggled w/ 1.5 batches of heavier cookie doughs and ran out of room for pie filling. I ended up getting a bigger model. I never had mine break while it struggled, but for double batches(holidays) or any tough dough work, you have a lot higher likelyhood of burning the motor out. The 6 qt 575 models are likely to give you a bit more breathing room if that’s what you need/want. People who have had their 300-400 watt machines for 20+ years have the good old metal geared Hobart models. That is not what these are anymore, sadly. If you do any amount of large batch baking, this is likely to be more of a “gateway” mixer. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I’/ so riveted by the suspense my pretzel dough is in a twist.

Seriously, had the big kahunga snapon bowl 20 years. Unless you knead a lot of bread dough, the convenience of the flip top adding ingredients or scraping (licking?) Far outweighs.

Black Friday Kohl’s sales are better and they’re offering several models.

KOHL’S!! Kohl's Black Friday! KitchenAid Stand Mixers as low as $114.99! - Mojosavings.com