KitchenAid 6 Qt. Lift Stand Mixer

Aww getting no Hawaii love… been trying to buy this thing for so long =(

This is a good deal. I noticed it also comes with the redesigned “power-knead” dough hook, which is supposed to replicate hand kneading better.

Actually, 575 watts is one of the more powerful motors–the tilt-heads that you have to be careful with have, I believe, 425 or 450 watt motors. The 575 works just fine for double batches of cookie dough, batches of stiff cookie dough, kneading bread dough, and grinding flour–I’ve been using a 575-watt 5-qt KitchenAid for all of those things for a good 10 years now, and it’s worked beautifully.

Edit: and FWIW, I tend to spend a good 45 minutes grinding flour at a time, as I do multiple kinds (hard wheat, soft wheat, oat flour, sometimes rye), and it hasn’t overheated or anything yet. I think my grain mill (the Family Grain Mill) is going to break before the mixer does.

Have it… love it… IF YOU WANT IT THEN GET IT at this FAB price!

Changed my (kitchen) life - for extreme better. You can get optional attachments for pasta, ice cream, slicing-grating, and grinding. I got a second bowl (with plastic snap on lid). sigh I’m in love.

If you have a costco membership they just added this mixer to their coupon list. $60.00 off their original price of 349.99 putting it at 289.99

1/3rd the way down the page on the right. Only 5 per customer tho!

Sadly I think this is an in store offer only.

Thank you SO much for posting this; I already have one of this model, but as a professional home-based baker, I was considering getting a second one at this price. The Costco deal is even better though, and I don’t care at all what color it is.

Obviously, I love this thing! It can power through the thickest, stickiest double batch of cookie dough in no time at all. Kneads bread like a dream (although to be fair, I’m a gluten-free baker, so the doughs I use are easier to knead), whips cream, eggs - everything you could ever want to bake. Amazing for making big batches of buttercream icings, and the giant metal bowl works much better than the glass bowls because you can heat or cool it so efficiently. If you don’t have one yet, you should DEFINITELY get one!

I think I have read complaints that the Costco model isn’t exactly the correct model 600 or something along that lines and some accessories do not fit with that particular model at Costco. (like the splash screen)

The model being sold at Costco is NOT the “Professional 600”. The true Pro 600 has a black plastic hand grip on the end of the lift lever. What Costco is offering is technically the 5-quart bowl-lift model with a deeper 6-quart bowl. It is slightly smaller, slightly less powerful, and the bowl is narrower and deeper than the bowl for the Pro 600.

This is one of those cases mentioned above where a manufacturer is providing a cheaper model to a discount retailer, and the consumer has to read very, very carefully to catch the switch.

In the Costco ad, it does not state “Professional 600” but rather “Professional Style” and “Professional 6 Quart”, and unless you compared the bowls side-by-side then you probably wouldn’t notice the difference in width and depth. In addition, the specs for neither the Costco unit nor the Woot one list the wattage for the motor, but if you pay close enough attention the Woot (Pro 600) weighs 32 lbs whereas the Costco (Professional 6 Qt.) weighs 25 lbs.

I’m not saying that the unit offered by Costco is bad (all KitchenAid stand mixers are very good), but you have to be very clear on what you are getting - and not getting - for the price.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware.

Oh, thank goodness! I decided to buy this through WOOT and received it today. Then I saw the Costco ad and was upset I spent more. You have put my worries to rest. I am glad I bought the true Pro model. Yea! Off to make bread.