KitchenAid 6-Qt. Pro Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer-3 Colors

The Bon Ton link is 5 qt., this one is 6 qt.

Bowl Question
I’ve sent an email to ask but… weekend.

Update:: We think it comes with the bowl with the rolled lip (not flared) but with the weekend, we can’t confirm this. I’m sorry.

Maybe a dumb question but does this come with the bowl and mixing accessories? On the Specs tab, under the “in the box”, it doesn’t list the bowl or accessories.

I’m literally dying right now because I really want to buy this for my wife. She has been wanting a quality mixer so so bad and this price is hard to ignore. What’s stopping me right now is all the posts (on Amazon) about how 1) the motor really isn’t 500+Watts and 2) that a lot of accessories won’t work on this such as the splash guard. Thoughts?

After googling the product code and reading reviews, I have decided not to purchase this product and will wait for one of the other 6qt mixers go on sale. Yes, it’s a killer deal but buying this mixer at $200 just to then have to spend money to purchase a 5qt bowl to have the ability to buy additional accessories? At that point you are not really saving money and you ended up with a 5qt mixer, not a 6qt. If I am spending the money to buy a 6qt mixer I want to be able to use it as a 6qt mixer with all of the 6qt mixer accessories. Keep this in mind if you are buying this as a gift and go ahead and spend the money to get that 5qt bowl (which will add $50 to the price of this gift).

I’d pull the trigger. The 6 qt pro lift is so much better than the 5 qt tilt head mixer. I bought one last year for my wife and she’s used the hell out of it. It was also refurbed and there hasn’t been any issues. Splash guard isn’t needed, it’s a deep bowl. And as for the attachments, not sure what ones you want, but I’d recommend getting a mixing paddle with silicon on the edges, it makes the mixing more uniformed, otherwise, the dough hook works well . . . the whisk could have more wires, but it still does the job.

Comes with the bowl, coated flat beater, coated dough hook and wire whip. :slight_smile:

I’ve just been searching the Best Buy website and haven’t found any discounted accessories or attachments. Do you have some links?

Literally? My condolences.

I own this mixer, we purchased it new several years ago at a much higher price than what Woot is offering today. At the time I was hesitant to spend so much on a mixer.
My advice, if you want a high-quality KitchenAid mixer, then pull the trigger and buy this one.
We use ours alot and it powers through the heaviest doughs, effortlessly. The tilt-head version can NOT compare.

I’ve had this mixer for several years and it came with a splash guard. Honestly, we rarely use the splash guard. The bowl is deep, you won’t have any problem. I wouldn’t let a piece of plastic (splash guard) let you determine if you purchase this mixer.

I am figuratively sobbing and using bank statements as tissues.

THIS is the exact model I’ve wanted so that I can replace my 24 year-old KA stand mixer (the other style). With the discovery that my daughter is gluten intolerant, we’re having to set up some dedicated kitchen equipment for her food prep. This has got to be the best deal I’ve ever seen on this mixer, anywhere. Beats Costco’s price by a long shot. What a shame we are so broke now!

I’ll have to pray that it comes around on sale again after the tax return comes in 2016. Sigh.

Anyone who’s wanted a KA mixer and has the $$ would be foolish not to jump on this deal. FOOLISH!

Try godson mill pizza crust. It’s the only decent gluten free pizza crust on the market.

quote postid=“6630693” user=“cwolfpack3”]I am figuratively sobbing and using bank statements as tissues.

THIS is the exact model I’ve wanted so that I can replace my 24 year-old KA stand mixer (the other style). With the discovery that my daughter is gluten intolerant, we’re having to set up some dedicated kitchen equipment for her food prep. This has got to be the best deal I’ve ever seen on this mixer, anywhere. Beats Costco’s price by a long shot. What a shame we are so broke now!

I’ll have to pray that it comes around on sale again after the tax return comes in 2016. Sigh.

Anyone who’s wanted a KA mixer and has the $$ would be foolish not to jump on this deal. FOOLISH!
[/quote]

I have one KA mixer it is the Pro line I’ve had it for 7 years and it has made thousands of cookies,cupcakes and cakes not to mention gallons and bucket of buttercream icing.Im getting one of these because sometimes I just need two to keep up with the demand when baking for my cupcake business.i love mine and it’s a 6 qt I make yeast breads,doughnut batter,shred chicken and pork… The list goes on.It has been refurbished and comes with a warranty… If you’ve been wanting one now is the chance!

Thanks for the Best Buy tip!

The pictures are of 2 different mixers (I have both.) Unfortunately the one that is for sale here, according to the model number, RKSM6573CU, is the 6000 HD, and is an OK deal. I bought one on Amazon for just a few bucks more a this last summer. It’s the older Costco model. It is a lot quieter, but less powerful. Says power is 1HP–all other mixers list power in watts.
If it was the other one pictured, the side view, Professional 6 qt, it’d be a great deal. That’s the one I’d like. This is kind of deceptive, IMO. Boo.

It is my understanding that all of the standard Kitchen Aid Pro models have metal gears, and the others have nylon gears. Is that the case with this model (as it appears from multiple sources both here and elsewhere that this is not a standard Pro model)?

Metal gears are much better for heavy dough, as nylon gears will wear and strip much more quickly than metal when used for heavier mixing jobs.

Whew, barely made it getting one of these…Good luck!

While it’s true that the KitchenAid Pro models use metal gears in the drivetrain, the gears are made of some really crappy metal. We have had a 6qt. Professional KitchenAid for about 5 years, and last month my wife was mixing cake ingredients when the mixer took a crap after about 3 minutes. I tore into it, and sure enough, the worm gear was shredded (yes, a metal gear). As I understand it, kneading bread dough is what kills these things. Our machine has not had a lot of hard use, we just mix an occasional batch of cookies or a cake, and twice a year we grind about 20 lbs of roast for hamburger. After a quick Google search, turns out gear failure is a common issue. I was able to order all of the parts and do a complete rebuild of the drivetrain (except for the motor itself), for about $50 plus a half hour of my time. Needless to say, we’ll be dumping the KitchenAid in favor of a Bosch.

I got two of these from eBay for $159.00! free shipping, every color was also available. I checked the seller again and sadly the price was back to $239.