KitchenAid 6-Qt. Pro Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer-3 Colors

Does anyone know if they ever fixed the incredibly noisy motor issues on this model?

I have one of the original 6Q pro series mixers from arooound 12 years back? Ish…
It sounds like a jet plane, and it was a very big issue among other owners at the time.
I’d be tempted to buy it’s replacement if I knew they had used a quieter motor similar to the older models.

I purchased this three weeks ago from Woot. Aparently this is the Costco version HD6000 which is different from the other Pro model. It uses a DC motor instead of AC. It is quiet. Have used it to make a cake and cookie dough and it did well with no issues. Had to adjust the beater to proper height so it did not hit bottom of bowl. So far so good!

Anyone not seeing red listed as an option?

When color is sold out it is removed from pull down list

Sorry, sold out.

If you have the plastic gear housing, KA will replace it for free. Often this was the cause of the noise issue!

I’m worried about the cosmetics of a “reconditioned” mixer. Yes, this is a great price but still a lot of money to potentially get a dinged up appliance. Has any purchased one in the past? If so, how did it look?

I received my unit and took the top cover off. I was pleasantly surprised to find a metal motor housing!!! As a result, my unit is nice and quiet.

If you’re looking to buy KitchenAid’s standard attachments or replacement parts (like the bowl) that are available for most of their mixers product line, you may be out of luck. This is the Costco exclusive version with compatibility issues.

Here is a link to an Amazon review and numerous comments.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3D6BPFAYCZXYC/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B008D6LB4W&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=284507&store=kitchen#wasThisHelpful

Reviews are 4.5 out of 5 stars. But for some customers, not being able to buy attachments or swap parts out is a deal breaker.

Good luck.

Thanks for the web review link. I changed my mind and emptied it from the cart!