KitchenAid Nonstick 12 Pc. Cookware Set

Info on Hard Anodized Nonstick

Let’s learn the difference between hard anodized and stainless steel and check out this handy cookware comparison chart courtesy of Cuisinart

Sounds like hard anodized nonstick is the way to go. Thanks for the info.

It’s not a question of which one is better. Like any tool, some are better for different jobs. If you are half way serious about cooking, you are going to need some of each type. If cooking eggs or anything with a high sugar content that is prone to stick, then you need hard annodized. If you are trying to get a good sear and end up with a good fond for a pan sauce, you will need stainless steel. Trying to brown butter in a dark pan is difficult because you need to see the color to know when it’s done. With that being said, if you are a very casual or infrequent cook and are only buying one set, then go for the hard anodized. There is a definite learning curve when cooking with stainless steel. While few people need the really high end expensive stuff, at least spend a little more to get a decent midrange set regardless of what material you choose.

Does anyone know if any of the glass lids from the saucepans fit on any of the skillets?

Looks like the same set is $280 at Amazon. Boy, I’d like to get this, but I hate getting rid of my red set as I don’t have room for two.
Please, please sell out before I click “Buy”…

Darn it, they were still available, so now I have a set in the mail.
Anyone want to buy my old set of red cookware? Cheap?

Dang. Sold out. Tried to buy at the office, but the button to submit my order wasn’t showing up, so I decided to wait until I was at home. Now they’re gone. Unhappy.