KitchenAid Tea Kettles - Your Choice

Anyone have any thoughts on the pricing?
For the 2qt SS?
Doesn’t seem that good a deal at first glance.
Is this brand particularly sturdy or summat?

What about those (usually plastic) Jug style kettles that sit on a base?

The price on the stainless one is not super, but I needed a tea kettle so I purchased it a couple of weeks ago. Overall if it lasts a while, I think it is worth it.

The one thing I am still getting used to is the pour spout - you have to flip the cap down, as opposed to most tea kettles that you can just flip with your thumb. If you have big hands, you can reach it with your thumb, but if not you have to flip it down then pick up the kettle. Not a big deal and I am already getting used to it.
I have noticed that I do not have to worry about avoiding steam burns to my thumb as I pour, which sometimes can happen with tea kettles.

Beyond that, it is very pretty, feels solidly constructed and all important parts are cool to touch.

The whistle is audible but not loud. I can hear it from the other room but it would not wake me if I were to doze off.
A big plus for me because it does not make the dogs go crazy (like they do if they hear a doorbell on tv).

Thank you.

I was about to buy the red when I saw the note about not working well with induction. And I was buying it for my induction range, so thanks for letting me not get enraged…

Looks like it’s time to replace my 30 year old Revere,which no longer whistles and has seen better days.

A trick I have used for cleaning: since I have an automatic espresso machine that regularly needs descaling, I run the descaling fluid through my kettle after it’s run through the machine, and get double duty out of the stuff. Works great,

The item’s condition is listed as new, yet the warranty is only 90 days. This is the deal breaker for me.

I have the red/black one in turquoise and I like it a lot. The handle is nice, it is easy to use, the whistle is great. I haven’t burnt myself on it and I don’t think I will. I got it for the same price but at HomeGoods and they only had the turquoise and a weird purple. If you’re looking for a new kettle, I’d recommend it.

We have this in SS but paid mm ore on Amazon a couple years ago. I think this ks an awesome kettle. I don’t get the negative comments, it whistles just fine, that handle is fine although like anything that been sitting on top of fire, containing boiling water, if you try, you can burn yourself.

I wish I needed another one. This is a great buy.

Fortunately, the stainless is not real reflective, so we don’t have to worry about Wooters reenacting this infamous sale.

http://www.seeitornot.faketrix.com/content/funnies-pics/page-3/originals/funny-ebay-advertisement-stupid-naked-person-tea-kettle-reflection.jpg