Klein Tools 9" High-Leverage Pliers

Klein Tools 9" High-Leverage Pliers

My dad was a professional electrician and bought the best quality tools. These pliers were a mainstay in his tool pouch and he called them his “Klein’s”.

4 Likes

Klein tools are the best. However, no spring, no deal.

1 Like

But they might not be available in the spring!

2 Likes

I could Fall for that.
And always need a variety of tools and in different configurations. Each with its own purpose.

1 Like

Klein tools are among the best out there.
At least half of my work tools were Klein and they lasted decades.
These lineman pliers are a great choice.
… some people want springs in their lineman pliers? lol

3 Likes

i love my kleins. been using then 28 years as an IBEW Local 3 electrician. personally, i go for the journeyman’s line or the orange handle ones, but for most people, these will more than suffice. they also have a lifetime warranty. can’t beat them for the price!

2 Likes

You’re saying Summer better than others?

3 Likes

Every few months or so I think to myself when working on the house or car, gee I wish I had a pair of linemen’s pliers! “Did somebodt say wish?”

Wow. Wonder if my coworkers priced this right? I was just in Home Depot and saw this tool (after seeing all the rave feedback from ya’ll) priced at $35.97!!!

2 Likes

Ya gonna buy one? It would be a good addition to any toolbox!

2 Likes

I have pliers (not this nice one though). Next thing I need to get is a wire cutters (like one that can cleanly cut bike brake cables that are made of steel)

1 Like

If the cables are stainless steel, then be sure whatever cutters you get are designed for SS (like these). Stainless steel can wreck standard cutters.

2 Likes

For the best hand held cutters, these are a great choice.

I’ve used these for many stainless steel railing wire, bolts, nuts, everything & there is zero damage to them.
Knipex mini bolt cutters. Made in Germany.
https://www.amazon.com/Knipex-7101200-8-Inch-Action-Mini-Bolt/dp/B000SOSC4Y/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=knipex+bolt+cutters&qid=1570920535&s=hi&sr=1-1

Knipex also makes a lot of other very high quality tools.

1 Like

I found a pair of Kleins in a ceiling of an office I was working on. They were apparently lost by someone (who knows how long ago). I used them for years then passed them onto to my son when he became an electrician. He used them for few years before the pliers fell out of his tool belt (un-noticed by him) in someone’s attic. So, hopefully someone found them and is putting them to good use…

just ordered 2 pair – replacements for both myself and my son :wink:

4 Likes

Oh thank you SOOOO much. I am going to keep an eye on that.

2 Likes

Thank you!!! Now I need to wait for a sweet deal.

2 Likes

Besides being great pliers, another task these Kleins are good at – the flat jaws directly behind the pivot / hinge (opposite the main jaws / cutters) are perfect for grabbing unto and pulling flat steel fish tape that’s being particularly stubborn. Just turn the pliers perpendicular to the wire and pull with one hand on the jaws and the other hand on the handles.

1 Like

Thank you so much for still making these in the USA.