Klein Tools Voltage Tester & Beverage Tool

Klein Tools Voltage Tester & Beverage Tool

Who thought that a bottle opener would be a good pairing with electrical tools. Sure, why not drink and rewire something.

3 Likes

Not Part of the Recall

The model number for this item (MPZ00048TV) is not listed in the recall.

1 Like

I’m going to jump to the conclusion this “beverage tool” is also non-conductive and probably safe to poke around in a bunch of wires you want to disentangle…

Germans are always drinking beer, whether while doing electrical work or not…

1 Like

We’ve never met, but would you sign this life insurance policy?

2 Likes

What you don’t? Hell I drink and work with high voltage… drink and work on heavy machinery… Sometimes, I even drink and drink.

Seriously, though… 1) a beer here and there is not going to impair your ability to work, unless it’s your first beer ever. 2) Where does it say that this can only be used to open alcoholic beverages? Pretty sure carbonated drinks can come with this type of cap, too.

4 Likes

For whatever it’s worth, I bought one of these sets during the last sale and the date code on the tester ends in G6.

Came back hoping to buy another set - hope this gets resolved and they go back on sale!

2 Likes

CONFIRMED NOT PART OF THE RECALL!!

Morning all. Vendor confirmed that the units we are selling are coded G6, not H7. They are NOT part of the recall.

I’ve cleaned up the thread from last night so it’s easier for others to get the information they need.

5 Likes

yup, I worked for a German company that had an office here in the US, we were allowed to have beer with lunch, and they allowed smoking inside the office. They claimed that once you were on the grounds, you were under German rule and US laws did not apply.

On a side note, i have this same tester and use it often, it is very handy. Mine did not come with the cool bottle opener and i paid more.

3 Likes

It comes with two batteries - how many does the bottle opener take, and how many are for the tester?

2 Likes

Who said beer and electricity don’t mix…

1 Like

It sounds like you need to get this one.

:wink:

1 Like

I did :smiley: