Klipsch iGroove SXT iPod Speaker System

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Klipsch iGroove SXT iPod Speaker System
$79.99 + $5 Standard OR $17 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Will it work with the iPhone 5? Oh wait…

I was going to make a snarky remark about hurrying and buying this before the dock connector became obsolete, but it seems everyone else beat me to it!

A deal for people who never plan on upgrading their phone! Ever.

Oooh, they’re playing Cage the Elephant. I like Woot’s taste in music.

“Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked”…

A comment about Apple? :wink:

Does anybody have experience using this with a stereo receiver? I see an S-video out, but what about stereo out?

Did someone already mention the iPhone 5 is coming with a new connector? They did? Hundreds of them? Oh darn.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Little too late to sell this one now isn’t it??? No longer work with newer apple product unless you buy an adopter for 29.00…

actually, it is questionable if it will work with the iPhone5 even with the adapter. google it… the adapter doesn’t allow video or ipod out to work. so it may not work with these speaker systems.

I’m thoroughly amused that you found this information, and the TechIlluminati quickly deleted the post about how those complaining about the iPhone 5 compatibility are dinosaurs…

Not to mention that even if the adapter DID work, it STILL would render all of these devices useless since part of the design is to show what’s on the screen… can’t do that nearly as effectively when the phone is laying next to the speakers.

Edited to add fair disclosure - with the exception of my iPads, the most recent iPod I use is the iPod Video. Yes, the FIRST one.

[youtube=BM4uigrueQc][/youtube]

Here is a video that is way too long. It’s got anything you’d need to look at on this.

Do you need to remove the phone from a case to dock it? I have a Lifeproof case with a hinged cover over the connector, I’m doubtful it will work.

I wonder if Klipsch will make some kind of adapter that would work with the new Iphone5

That’s a good question. According to what I’m reading the adapter that Apple is making won’t pass analog audio through the Lightning port since those pins aren’t in the new connector.

If it doesn’t work you can always get a dock extension. They make cabled ones as well as little 1" ones that’ll work with any case.

http://www.jazebra.com/sendstation-dock-extender-black.html

Alternatively, just search “dock extension”. Make sure to spell it right!

I got one of these a few years ago… I think the sound is pretty good… great bass and it can be loud enough to annoy the neighbors. Love having the 3.5 port to plug in just about anything.

Can I have your iPhone?

I bought one of these a few years back as a present and it was a huge hit. The sound quality and bass out of something so small is quite amazing.