Klipsch iGroove SXT iPod Speaker System

4.2 out of 5 stars, 186 reviews, $120.17 at Amazon. Good speaker at good price, but connector will not work with iPhone 5 and future iPod.

This is 230v??? Export?? That means its 230v/50hz.

I don’t think I want this unless I’m flying across the pond.

Bought one of these back when they first came out (at full price), and have used it quite a lot since then. True to the Klipsch reputation, the sound is truly amazing coming from such a small unit. Highly recommended.

After watching parts of the video I noticed two tabs on the back of the unit. Further research led me to find old info mentioning an optional wall mount kit.

Can anyone confirm this and perhaps add a part number so I can weigh the chances of finding one?

With the $29 adapter in place, will “new” units fit in the docks of old hardware???

I can’t wait to see the parade of cool (and suddenly obsolete) stuff that ends up at Goodwill as people buy in to the new Apple products and ditch the incompatible accessories in December for a tax credit.

I’ve owned this Klipsch system now for 3-4 years. The sound is great, and it can really fill a room. The remote has never worked unless you’re pointing it right at the stereo unit…and if you’re within 5’. My personal experience while using it with my wife’s many Apple products lead me to discover that it does NOT charge anything past the 3rd generation iPod Touch, or anything after the iPhone 4 or 4s (I don’t know about the iPhone 3, I assume not). You can connect them to the stereo unit, and it will play the music, but it won’t charge at the same time.

There is an 1/8" stereo jack input if you have the right connecting cable to go from your music jack on your phone to the stereo (so I can listen to music from my Android phone).

Other than those few drawbacks, the sound it produces is incredible and far outweighs the cons of the unit.

I’ve owned this for about a year now. This has great full sound from a very small device. But to anyone with a case you may as well buy a 30 pin extender cable and just lay your iPhone on the end table. Also if you plan on buying the new iPhone 5 or the newest iPod touch then remember you will need a $30 adapter (30 pin to lightning)

I didn’t think about that! Great point! Will start frequenting said establishments around November as soon as the new iStuff are shipping out. We’ll be seeing everything as the adapters can’t possibly fit into these types of players - making the whole clean minimalist iLook quite sloppy.

I’ve had one of these for a while and it has been awesome. And luckily, I don’t upgrade my stuff often. But it also works with ipods and anything else which has that connection. Sounds great, works well.

I got mine for that price at hhgregg in March. I just love it. Works great on my iphone 4S, recharges fine, the remote works just fine for me in my living room. I haven’t tried mounting it on the wall.

Oh, and it doesn’t need an extender, not for pre-iphone 5s. My case can stay on the iphone no problem with connection.

With the good reviews in the comments this sounds like a nice item even for those people upgrading to the iPhone5 as it gives you a great place to use your old iPhone.

I had one of these, and it blew up my ipod after about a month. Went through hell with Klipsch sending in the unit, then they wanted my burnt ipod, and then they conveniently determined that the ipod was the problem and that I could basically kiss off. Swore then I’d never buy a klipsch product again.

Does that remote scroll through Pandora stations on iPhone.

I bought this a few years ago from Amazon and love it. It does not charge iphone 3GS though.

I am so sick of the iPhone 5 connector whining. The adapter issues are resolved if you get a Bluetooth dock… At the MSRP be this dock should be, but its not. As an alternative try the Soundfreaq Soundstep, great sound, iPad compatible, plus all the features you can/would need, especially Bluetooth.

I bought this unit when I was teaching and the district where I taught was in the 19th century and still using CD players that were ancient. I needed something with volume to fill a classroom (music teacher). I went to Best Buy and tried all the players. This one had the best sound quality and best volume. I’ve had it for 3 years. It’s a wonderful system. I use it at home now that I’m retired and plug my iPod onto the dock or my Creative Labs into the back. I paid $159 for mine. This is a great deal.

Just buy an adapter for the new iPhone 5: http://www.amazon.com/Nanotch-iPhone-Accessory-Cable-Adapter/dp/B0097BU9I6

I know you can use your iphone in this, but isn’t it primarily for iPod? I’ve had the same iPod for 3 years, it has my entire music collection on it and works great. why do I care if apple is coming out with a new connector?

Worthless with IPhone 5 because of the new connector. #FAIL.

With the $29 adapter, yes!