Klipsch Noise Canceling Headphones

I have two sets of Bose and a set of these purchase on Woot. These sound good but I prefer the Bose. Main reason these are tight on my head. Have these for the office and if they went missing, would not feel as bad if they were my expensive Bose…Travel with my Bose…

I agree with most of the comments, like this one. I used these on a long flight to South Africa. The noise cancelling was fine on the plane, and the sound quality was pretty good (again, as others have said, not excellent but solid). My biggest complaint is with extended wearing, the top of my head started to hurt. I wasn’t bothered by the pinching on the sides and my head isn’t that big, but on the top of my skull where the band rests got super sore to the point where I could no longer keep them on my head. There appears to be padding on the top of the headband, but I can assure you it is not sufficient for extended wear.

Now they sit in their fancy zipper case, unused and unloved.

I got these last time for $150…the NC is decent, but not great…the sound though, is awesome, especially with the NC on. It seems to activate a boost in the volume/bass. They are a bit on the heavy side, and get a little warm (the ear cuffs feel almost like memory foam). They are good for travelling, but they really shine for work and games…you don’t hear the A/C blowing, computer fans, cars driving by, people walking up to you, etc…it completely puts you in a bubble

Of course, the NC broke on mine, but a quick email to Klipsch got me a replacement pair (and it looked like they swapped my refurb for a NIB pair).

It comes with a bunch of accessories, though i’m not sure how much I need a storage bag, case and airplane adapter. Having the cable with the mic is nice for the occasional call though.

I got a pair of these last go round. The sound to me was genuinely good. definitely more of a warm bias to the sound but nevertheless good. I however grew to hate them. They will pinch your head like a vice. anything past 15-20 minutes will give you a headache and the discomfort only mounts from there. The ear cups are also rather shallow so if your ear touches at all it is met with a surprisingly abrasive surface. I got rid of them and with the money I made I bought a new pair of headphones. I had to pay just a little more but not much and I got the logitech UE 6000. They blew me away with sound quality and I can wear them for days without discomfort. If you really want a good pair of cans I would recommend not breaking your heart with this pair.

The only thing better about the klipsch is the sound quality, and dont get me wrong that is a heavy contender for what is desired out of a high end head phone. In all honesty though the SQ isnt a great deal better. QC 15 is much much lighter and the noise cancelling is second to none. the only downside to the QC is the price… if you absolutely need the noise cancelling I would go with the Bose. Otherwise I advise logitech’s ue6000. Those will blow your mind. Klipsh sound great but are unbearably uncomfortable between the tight fit, shallow ear cups, and overall weight.

Has anyone with a small head tried these? I found the Bose to be just a little too big for me.

I had tried the Bose Noise-Cancelling headphones previously in a workplace environment (trying to escape the chatter) and my assessment is as follows.

For half the price, these work fine in reducing sound (probably 90% to what the Bose reduce) but the noticeable difference is that these are heavier, and you will definitely feel it after wearing these for some time, (also not so desireable for traveling-bulky).

Also, the bar on the top of the head can be uncomfortable after some time.

They are nicely (if not overly so) packaged, and sturdy.

Overall, for half the price, I am impressed.