Klipsch Quintet 5-Piece Speaker System

The original set came out in 1998. They look like the III and the IV generation, but their specs match the IV. I didn’t see anything about the generation in the write up, but I think they are the IV (latest) model. I’m definitely in for one if that is the case. I’ll hold out a bit longer and see if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks

Well, based on comments from recent purchasers, it sounds like Klipsch hasn’t become trash yet. It’s inevitable however. Everytime Audiovox buys a company, it goes to crap.

It’s really unfortunate too. I’ve been a HUGE fan of Klipsch since I got introduced to their folded speaker design for concert speakers in the early '90s. I’ve got a set of Quintets that I’ve had for about 15 years and still love them. But, it’s only time until Audiovox cheaps them out…

Jaz

Good sensitivity means you can get away with using a lower powered amp. Add a powered sub and you are in business. The power rating is good, 50 watts continuous at that sensitivity is a lot of sound for most homes living/family rooms. I have a system rated at 110 watts/channel and I doubt that I use more than 10 watts continuous 90% of the time. The thing I like about Klipsch is the sizzle of their tweeters- that’s a personnel preference though.

Did someone already say worst woot! off ever yet?

That is a creepy face.
This is better

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Little-Fockers-Robert-De-Niro-Close-Up-25-10-10-kc.jpg

Yeah, sorry. I looked at what I have access to in the back end and I can’t find a model number anywhere. :frowning:

Here’s the last sale thread.

I don’t know how or why these speakers are getting good reviews. I bought a set the last time they came up and they are absolutely the worst speakers I’ve ever heard. The Klipsch documentation warns of how efficient they are, but at top volume on a 350 watt amplifier they are only almost as loud as mid-volume on the TV’s internal speakers. Maybe mine came blown? Anyway, don’t wast your money unless you’re deaf and think they look pretty.

I’ll take house arrest: the Charlie Sheen commercial kind;-)

It’s the last one ever, right? Therefore it must be the worst ever.

BUT WE HAVE BACON!!!

Bacon and ice cream. What’s better?

http://consumerist-com.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/assets/bksundaebacon.PNG

For now…

:frowning:

—Jaz still likes the meme—

Another Reminder for those just joining us:

The new Caption This! thread is open! Go forth and entertain me!

Woot-Off Caption This!

BUT DO YOU HAVE BACON SALT?!?

I ran out three years ago…

Is this the final woot off? I’m kinda confused by the bacon thing? I guess I’m not up on the woot lingo.

Oh look, a vacuum on home.woot…

Bacon - Know your meme

I blame diablowilnet

Hmmmmmmm