Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System, for $429.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System

What do you want to do ?[list][]Access the price comparator for Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System
[
]Lookup at Froogle, Amazon and eBay in one click[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

I love the quality of Klipsch but their cables are absolute POOP. They always go bad on me after like 1 year. I’m having trouble with my volume knob now, just lightly touching it causes the speakers to crackle and the sound to move back and forth between them. Terrible!

Basically have this already and am very happy with my Klipsch system. I would highly recommend this to all wooters.

Don’t forget a sub!

Note: This post contains pricing information for future reference because it is generally not available elsewhere once the next Woot has been offered.

Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System
$429.99 + $5 shipping
condition: New
product: 1 Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System

Klipsch has been my preferred brand of speakers for over 10 years. I love the sound they deliver in a mid-size room. I am currently using an older series of the quintet, at this price, I might just have to upgrade!

Don’t judge speakers by the cables they come with. In fact, most high end speakers do not come with cables at all.

The cheapest cables you can buy at any audio store will be better than the freebies that you get when you buy speakers.

-a

I don’t need and… don’t have 430 discretionary clams at the moment. If someone dares to mention, Bose is better, they are… can’t say it here!.. Should be banned from woot! These are decent, not great speakers, Friend almost identical pair. Cables hookup is a weak point on these . and no! they are not mac compatible:)

Currently using the ProMedia Ultras for my computer system, best sound I have ever heard from any speakers for that matter.

I purchased these when they were up last month. Terrific set of speakers.

I have these exact speakers, they are amazing, but they need a ton of power, like 150 watts per channel to really sound great

I have to say for posting anything regarding these speakers you’re not very helpful. I got these speakers awhile back (when they had them on here last time) and I’ve supplemented them with a subwoofer and receiver from your friendly neighborhood amazon.com store… I’m more than impressed with these…

I started out my klipsch obsession (because they’re that good) with some promedia 2.1’s for my pc, which I believe is what you’re talking about, eh9116… the knobs have been known to crackle and the wire is… wiry… but flaws aside they sound very good and I was impressed…

These speakers seem to be a bit larger than they need be but to be honest I can’t say I would know… although I’m a bit of a beginner with speakers… an amateur audiophile if you will… I’d say I haven’t found a problem with them… and if you don’t like them… the average ebay sale price is still above $500… although the market is a bit small…

edit: this was listed in the last woot… but they don’t come with speaker wire so check out monoprice.com, got some 12 gauge (overkill) and it was considerably cheaper.

James

there’s dust in your pentiometer, the cables are fine

What w00t?!

Th3y’r3 n0t di4m0nd-stud3d?! You think we’ll pay that much for just SPEAKERS?! Most of us have $10 full-frequency speakers, or headphones!!%!%#!%?!!

Meh.

You’re a funny man.

I had a hellish time when I bought an expensive tv from Woot (broken lcd tv). I’d say just keep to the inexpensive woots.

Power the speakers off and turn the volume up and down several times. Always cleans the volume knob up for me. Pro Medias are prone to this and yes, the cables aren’t the greatest. I’m no audiophile but the speakers sound amazing to me.

If you use the word “speaker”, without the word “case” or “motivational” in front of it, to refer to anything you paid $10 to listen to, then this sale isn’t for you. BUT, be happy that you can live your life in ignorant bliss…brain-dead, inbred, drooling-on-a-lawn-chair bliss…

Sometimes it’s a curse having an ear for music.