Klipsch Quintet SL 5-piece Home Theater Speaker System

AMEN!!!

There will be more people complaining that these are too expensive or are not as nice as …but they are missing so much.

I have been a Klipsch owner for over 20 years and these speakers are the BEST thing to come out of Hope, Arkansas. They have an incredible, full, robust sound that will fill a room unlike anything else. They are incredibly efficient speakers and will be my favorite speaker of choice for years to come.

Sometimes it’s a curse having an ear for music.

I wouldn’t call it a curse, but it gets more than a little expensive. These are fine sounding speakers, I have a friend who has them. I’d be all over this except I recently upgraded to Bose 5.1 speaker system and just added a Polk Subwoofer.

This is a nice deal.

These are quality, but notice that the frequency responce only goes down to 80hz or so- These will REALLY need a sub to sound good. Too bad I don’t have the cash on hand…

The last speaker I over spent for had been Roger Sound labs, not sure if anyone knows of them. They weighed about 75lbs each and stood 5ft tall. Cost me 400.00 each. That was in 1985; yes I am an old dog. I had 200watt per channel; SAE and it rattled the windows on the house. I am sure that these will not be the same but at a lower volume I am sure they sound great. I am ready to pull the trigger. I am sure they will compliment my Pioneer Surround System.

…I just wait till it’s sold out and then wish I had bought it as the price must have been good if it sold out!!

Dude, you may be old but you have excellent taste in speakers. RSL rocks. You have to make sure they don’t fall over on anyone…crush 'em like a bug…but I think that size made the tone rounder.

Are these really that good?

They have had these on woot before, and they always get good reviews from what ive read on woot. So yea, if i had a need or the money for em, i’d bite.

No real super (woot) deal; Klipsch also has it on sale

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/103780.aspx

New for $449 + $5 Shipping

New with full Klipsch warranty!!

Ah… i envy those people that have the budget to get 3 of these… >>

Notice the fact that this is one guy selling his own system… not Klipsch.

Hey I had similar speakers from RSL - hell yeah I remember RSL’s stuff. I think you may be exaggerating though - aren’t they more like 4’ tall? At least thats about how tall mine were - and about 2 feet wide. I came home with them as a teenager in like 1990 when I had my first job – along with a Kenwood receiver and CD player.

When friends came over I’d remove the cover and proudly show the warning label: “Warning - Speaker is capable of producing sound pressure levels similar to that of a live concert - please use responsibly”. Neighbors on the next block used to complain when I’d crank 'em.

Had them all the way up to a few years ago and finally got decent audiophile floorstanders from Magnolia Home Theater for way too much $$$

Anyway RSL was a great place back in the day…

To those who have bad experiences with Woot on returns - All I can say is I returned a $600 item and never had a hiccup - great experience.

So while YMMV - I can say WOOP WOOP to WOOT

Wait, waht does this have to do with Klipsch “cables?” What speakers do you have? What receiver are you using? I’m perplexed by this critique.

My mom and I both have the 2.1’s for our PC and are in love with our Klipsch speakers. If I didn’t already have a Yamaha full system, I would jump at these awesome speakers.

Ahh the nice Haiku.
Why does Woot use prose so much?
Poetry is good.

Sooo…I just bought a flat panel TV and was thinking about getting a ~$500 HTIB, but this is extremely tempting. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that I don’t know how much a receiver and a Sub are going to cost me.

Any recommendations on a good receiver to pair with this set and how much it may run?

Is there a specific Klipsch Receiver that is meant to be used with this set?

I purchased these from Best Buy a little over a month ago. They are great speakers that you can really crank up (200 watt max). They provide some low end sound but you’ll want to purchase a sub for sure. I Purchased a sony reciever for 300 that has 3 HDMI inputs, 110 watt per channel, and the Klipsch sub for 400. Sounds awesome. Dishes rattle when I have it up just a little loud! My advise if you have the time is to stop into best buy before these sell out go to their TV departments, they have a little satalite sitting area there that you can watch some flat panel tv on some theater chairs and they used these speakers for the sound system. Check out these speakers there if you don’t believe.

My first intro to Klipsch was the Quintet III’s. For what they are, they sounded great. The Quintet SL’s use two QIII’s as the surrounds. In other words, combined with a sub these are exactly what they are supposed to be(a great introduction to home theater). I would also recommend these to be used in a small to medium room. To correct a previous post, these are very efficient speakers(SL’s—93dB,QIII’s—91dB) and do not need a lot of power. They need at least 75w of “clean” power for good performance. Just be warned, when the Klipsch bug bites, you may just get upgrade fever.
Bill

klipsch blow bose out of the water… bose has great surround sound systems, but the sound quality is no where near klipsch.

Me: “Could you tell me a little bit about this receiver?”

18 year Old Best Buy Salesperson: (Pulls information card off of display) “Lets see…It says here that it’s a Denon amp with…”

Me: “I know how to read.” “Never mind, I’ll just take one.”

18 Year Old: “We don’t have any more of those in stock.”

Me: “What do you mean none in stock?” “They just went on sale today!”

18 Year Old: “Dude, we only had two in stock to begin with.”

Me: “Could you point me in the direction of Circuit City?”

I do have the older model Quintets and a 10" sub. The speakers are great. The sub is on its way out.

The package includes rubber feet. That’s good, as we’ve been getting a lot of rain around here lately.