Klipsch R-20B Bluetooth Soundbar

I bought this the last time woot had it. It sounds amazing for the price. What it lacks in features it makes up for in sound quality. I highly recommend it versus a Samsung,LG or Vizio.

I see a lot of comments here about great sound. And a few references movies and etc.

I am curious on how this item would be for music. I have a Samsung soundbar at the $250 price point. It is pretty good for TV/Movies but listening to music… it is pretty bad. I’m told all soundbars suck for music, I need a proper set of speakers for the sound source.

Anyone use these for analog and digital music? Opinions?

Thanks.

I currently own a SONOS PLAYBAR, but love Klipsch, in general. Anyone know how this compares to SONOS? I sometimes find voices are not as easy to understand as I would like them to be with my SONOS, even though it says it has dialogue enhancement - and the Klipsch does not …

There are TONS of great reviews on the mother ship site - although there are several complaints that it turns itself on overnight and doesn’t turn back off. One reviewer said they contacted Klipsch support about it and was told that Xboxes and some smart TV’s will auto-update overnight - and that feature causes a brief audio signal to be sent to the audio port - which triggers the sound bar to turn on - and that disabling this feature should solve the problem. It didn’t for that reviewer. Another person said the remedy was to switch the sound bar off manually using the switch on the back of it when not in use. There were also some complaints that the remote was very cheap-feeling. Regardless, EVERYONE raved about the awesome sound this thing produces, so at this price, I think I can live with those minor annoyances. In for one!

I just ordered one. I have the Klipsch SB3 soundbar for the past 3 years and love it to death. So I ordered this one at this price for my new family room Tv. Cant wait to get it.

I’ve got the R-10B which is the same except it has an 8inch sub and the sound is phenomenal! You get room shaking bass and clear sound! I may buy this and give the old one to my parents.

I bought one but have not received yet, read all the reviews everywhere and the biggest complaint was that it turns on in the middle of the night or randomly. For me, that will be a non-issue. I have a simple setup and my TV is connected to one of those smart power strips, when the TV goes off, the power strip cuts power to the auxiliary devices, and vice versa for when the TV comes on. Just thought that might be helpful to others if they are worried or run into that problem.

Similar to this: https://www.bitsltd.net/products/Details.aspx?p=1864396&sc=78&sg=131

Does anyone use this with an Amazon Echo?

Ordered mine on mine 2/21/17 it arrived 2/23/17. Super fast shipping. Remote was broken right out of the box. Klipsch has already arranged a replacement. This thing sounds amazing. I have a 70" tv and it’s perfect. Bass in nice. Bluetooth is maybe the worst I’ve ever used. It’s almost unusable. It seems to not connect or send well. I don’t plan on using it much so It’s not a bother for me.

I had the same problem with the subwoofer. There is an on-off
switch near the bottom that I didn’t notice was off. All good now.

It does seem that way, just got it and hooked it up and even if sound only drops off for a moment it goes to sleep instantly. and when sound next plays it has to wake up before playing. is there a way to extent the sleep timer on this to more than half of one second?

I have much the same problem with “mysterious” powering up of the soundbar, even when my (Sony) TV is “off”. Also, the soundbar does NOT turn on when the TV is turned on–at least not “immediately”. It takes an hour! I mean an HOUR! The only way of not having the soundbar turn on by itself is to disconnect the optical cord or, as one responder suggested, turn off the bar with the switch on the back–not acceptable IMO. I am going to plug both the soundbar and the woofer power supply cords into a power strip and control the power strip remotely—yup, ANOTHER remote! The sound is good however…

By the by, my soundbar (the second, this one a replacement!) acts as my first and, does NOT turn off when the TV is turned off! My suspicion is that the optical sensor in the soundbar malfunctions in the interface (proper terminology?) with the TV and, does not control the sensing of the laser optical light when on or off. I am now rather curious as to why Klipsch discontinued this model and why it is so deeply discounted?

Where do you get a “smart” power strip?

Found the addy in the meantime.