Klipsch S4i Rugged In-Ear Headphones

I’ve had difficulty finding headphones that are comfortable while running. Can anyone recommend something?

First off, these are worth the price just for the sound quality, even if you don’t ever run with them.

Now, I am in the same boat in not being able to find a good pair of ear-buds to stay in while running. I have successfully used these for running but with Comply Foam Tips. The foam tips made these headphones stay in nicely, which I could not achieve with what I got out of the box (I tried the around the ear set-up from the instructions, but it only helped marginally). However, I was not comfortable with the foam tips being shoved in so far, so I reverted to using some simple and cheap around-the-ear Sony and Phillips models (not ear-buds) for running. And I use the Klipsch pair for commuting, while concealing the gigantic control button, of course!

Thanks! that is enough for me to decide NO!

I had a pair of these… one of the buds went out after about 3 months. Sound was alright, but not really anything special. I’m much happier with my Sennheiser CX300II buds, which are actually cheaper on Amazon (though they don’t have a mic).

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-II-Precision-Enhanced-Earbuds/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1409760576&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+cx300

I bought a pair of these on woot a while back and my experience is exactly the same as Tradergeorge: they are horrible. Seeing some of the positive reviews here makes me wonder if I somehow got a lemon set of earbuds…

But if they are representative of this product, I wouldn’t pay $5 for another pair. I have pair of sennheiser MM30i’s that are FAR superior, and the apple earbuds that come stock with any new device deliver much richer sound.

If you have an issue with these, or any ‘in ear’ buds, falling out of your ear while running or moving around, just wrap them around the back of your ear. Basically insert them upside down. I have this same pair, except they are not the ‘active’ ones and when I use this trick, they will not fall out no matter how hard you move around. Doing this will also move the three button remote up a couple inches which puts it in a easier place to use (IMO). Give it a try but remember, YMMV.

My fave is an around the ear style ear bud, where the bud is attached to a little plastic “hoop” that fits around the ear. I hate how it feels to have buds jammed in my ear, and I hate how buds often fall out due to me not liking them there in the first place. I have a pair by Sony that does a pretty good job. These might be them…

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-AS20J-Active-Headphones-Hangers/dp/B0015AHRFK/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1409762831&sr=1-8&keywords=around+the+ear+headphones

I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere but the “i” designates iPhone, as in these are the iPhone version of the headphones. I use mine on an Android phone so only the Play/Pause button functions. As others have mentioned, the remote is large, but I am able to run with them by looping the cord over top of my ears so the weight doesn’t pull on the earbuds directly. I also replace the standard rubber tip with a three-flange model from Amazon that makes them seal and sound much better. All-in-all good headphones for the price, being weather-rpoof is an added bonus.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I decided to give this pair a try, as I don’t care much for in ear headphones when I am sweating.

Just an FYI, but Klipsch is great on warranties. Contact them via the website, and as long as they’re still covered, they are very good about sending a new pair out (I didn’t even have to return my broken ones).

I think these are 2 year warranties, and I had a pair go out about a month before the warranty ran out. Easy replacement.

For me, I’ve yet to find anything that compares with the Klipsch comfort at anywhere near the sound quality. These aren’t exactly $300 IEMs, but they’re good and fit me very well (YMMV, as ears differ).

I bought these the last time around a few weeks ago, so far they are great. And yes, you do need to read the instructions regarding the sport fit…they work and stay in just fine that way during my long bike rides. I would recommend them…great sound, and I actually like the remote pad, at least for biking. Hold the play button down if you have an iphone, and you get Siri access. good for quick text responses on the fly.

spec sheet says about 55inches…

Bass from earbuds? Your ears are better served with something that doesn’t hammer them into submission. Ensure these are fitted correctly and they’ll have plenty of bass.

Other than the Twix-sized controller, these are great headphones.

I bought these from a previous sale to replace a lost pair of cheap earbuds used mainly while working out. So far, I’ve worn them for about everything - weight lifting, Olympic lifts, plyometrics, jogging, etc.

The good: they sound better than the usual cheap pair I buy, but not amazing. EQ settings needs decent bass boost to round out the sound. The overall construction of the earbuds themselves appear solid. The color choices are nice to distinguish from others.

The bad: I cannot get them to stay in my ears during exercise if worn on the correct ear. Any type of jarring loosens them right away. The fix has been to reverse the earbuds, but this has lead to the backside of the earbud pushing on my ear, which leads to soreness. In fairness, I do have big ears (always have to use the largest earbud piece), but I’ve never had to reverse a pair to keep them from falling out. Second, the remote is ginormous and not as “rugged” as I would hope. The play/pause button is already malfunctioning and does not “click” when pressed. I would guess that it broke during a work out. I can get it to still function, but I have to press the button pretty firm to do so.

Side note: after an email to Klipsch to ask what I could do to correct the poor fitment issue, they sent a replacement set of another model of earbuds no questions asked. Awesome customer service. The replacement set does fit better, but I still have to reverse the earbuds to keep them firmly in my ear during certain exercises.

I’ve always worn my Klipsch upside down to fit my ears. But that works well with the wire looped over the ear to make them stay on and reduce the cable noise. And even inserted like this, they’re the most comfortable IEMs I’ve found for my ears (again, YMMV).

I don’t wear them in opposite ears, though. So maybe you can try them upside down (wire pointing forward and slightly up).

tradergeorge, the tinny sound with lack of bass fits what I’ve encountered when I fail to get the right size tip with IEMs and thus fail to get a good seal. Without a good seal between the tip and the inside of your ear canal, you will not get the proper sound…

I have bot several pairs of these; briefcase, gym bag, kids, etc. These are very comfortable in the ears and sound great.

There are some people that will never be happy with any product, but these are vary highly rated for a reason and worth the price.

Enjoy!

I freegin love mine. Light weight, good tips. I mostly use these for gym and work. Seals me out completely and I get into that ‘zone’.

I listen to a lot of talk radio - very good listening, you can hear whispers thru the sounds of a weight room and a chatty coworker haha.

the only thing I’ve actually gotten irate about is the control. while moving around in the gym you’ll always have to put your chest on something, pushups, machine rows, whatever. during a good set I hit the stupid pause button; it falls right between my sternum and the floor/machine. it’s a little annoying but it’s user error.

I love these and i’m seriously considering trying to convince myself in getting these bad boys in orange.

These headphones suck! Volume control broke outside woot warranty period and Klipsch says to return to point of purchase (woot) for a return. Had to trash. Dont buy!

Anybody else able to get the mic to work on a PS4 or Android? I can’t seem to get mine to work, maybe these do not work on those devices? Perhaps mine is defective and need to be returned. Anybody who has an Android device and PS4 give theirs a whirl for me?