Klipsch Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer

Soundbars are just a convenience. They’re more suited to small spaces like the bedroom. You get a soundbar because you don’t have the room for a full-on home theater surround setup or your wife doesn’t like the idea of 5.1 or more speakers all over the place. :slight_smile:

Soundbars don’t stand a chance against any real system but they will definitely be a huge improvement over the built-in TV speakers.

If you’re going to get a soundbar setup, this one looks like a winner at almost half price. It does have quite good specs. You’ll never get the separation you’d get with bookshelf speakers but that’s the compromise for saving space.

From the features:

Easy Connection & Setup with Dolby® Digital Decoding
The Klipsch HD Theater SB-3 is designed to quickly connect to most TV’s using either a digital optical connection (preferred) or an analog hookup. Using the digital optical connection, the built-in Dolby Digital decoder accepts sound from both the TV and any device (such as a DVD or Blu-ray player) hooked up to the TV.

Didn’t see anything about DTS but here’s the manual. for some bathroom reading.

does anyone know if it can attach to your tv? I have seen some sound bars that do

No bluetooth?

No bluetooth but it does have a 3.5mm jack like a headphone jack for smartphones so you could simply use it wired. Or, if you want to spend more money you could buy a bluetooth receiver from Amazon like the following http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-F8Z492TTP-Bluetooth-Music-Receiver/dp/B0047T79VS

Doesn’t look like it. From the manual:

Placing/wall-mounting the soundbar: The soundbar is designed to be placed on a flat surface directly in front of your TV on its two supplied cradles, on a shelf directly above or below your TV in a piece of furniture or wall-mounted (via keyholes on the rear of the soundbar) under a TV that is also wall-mounted.

I can’t speak for this Klipsch, but my Yamaha YSP-4300 soundbar certainly impressed me with it’s simulated 7.1 and I didn’t have to cut any holes in my walls or ceiling or have cables running across my living room.

No, just a center channel. I want something this size. I don’t mind the left/right speakers but I’m trying to keep the wall “clean” by the TV. Having a 1.2" TV doesn’t help if you have to have a 6" speaker mounted below it. This looks smaller, at least lower profile, than any center channel I’ve seen.

I have heard good things about the Pioneer SP-SB23W which is similarly priced. That’s on my wish list.

“Dolby Digital Decoder for simple plug n’ play TV connection”

I believe so, from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-HD-Theater-SB-Soundbar/dp/B0092QGSHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384982911&sr=1-1&keywords=klipsch+sb3+soundbar

You can get an accessory which allows mounting a soundbar to your TV wall mount, if that’s what the original poster is after. Something like this from the mothership.

http://www.amazon.com/Soundbar-Brackets-Universal-Soundbar-Speaker-Mounting/dp/B0036UTT4E

FYI… SPEAKER BAR NOTICE
We recently discovered an issue with the audio processing on Bluetooth music streaming with the SP-SB23W Speaker Bar. If you experience an issue with your unit, please contact Pioneer Customer Service

Cool! I didn’t know that. Quality post for you!

i have this sound bar paid $600 back in may 2013. love this thing the sound is so loud and clear, not that strong on the sub side. have the sub turned all the way up and the bass falls short in the large 20x20 front room. my front room/fireplace isn’t the best for a true surround sound set up so i choose a sound bar since my vizio lcd speakers sucked! even have my comcast remote programed to control sound bar volume and turns on with tv and off. 3.5 jack is nice to add the iPad or iPhones yes would be nice if bluetooth but that kills batteries on apple products anyways.

well worth the cost don’t miss this deal. if you want clear sound this klipsch set provides all you need. hope that helps

bad timing for me. just got mine yesterday. paid almost 5o bucks more for a refurbished one on amazon. haven’t even opened the box yet. oh yeah, the box is HUGE. almost 4 feet wide and two feet tall.