Klipsch Synergy SLX On-Wall Speaker - 2 Pack

Actually, speaker placement does affect how speakers sound ported or not.

Check out Crimpboy, TROLLing for a fight…

I guess if you like poor to mediocre sound, by all means, don’t let me stop you from buying a bose. In fact, go buy some today just to prove your point.

Placing any sound source (= speaker) up against a wall or in a corner or in a corner on the floor will increase your sound pressure level. This will show up mostly as an increased loudness of the bass, but can make the bass boomy rather than clear.

im confused, is there a online conversion calculator somewhere to figure out what $300 on Woot is worth compared to other websites? cuz apparently Woot money is worth about 2x as much as money elsewhere. since alot of people today seem to think $500 at other sites is a better deal than $300 from here, i must be missing something. :slight_smile:

6 of these could do a body good. That’s affirmed.

this is a great deal. I found this piece priced as a single all over the web between 259.00 and 289.00 each. WOOT has it for 299.00 for 2 that two speakers (149 each) GREAT DEAL>

no overstock price is each - WOOT is for 2 speakers.

Isn’t this stretching the concept of “two for Tuesday” just a little?

the guy called it “overstocked”. you expect him to be able to count too?

You’ll be fine so long as you use drywall screws and anchors to be safe np

Summary

If you do not have the floor space for towers, and you are looking for a decent wall-mounted speaker system that is afraid to get loud, the Klipsch SLX (paired with a subwoofer) will deliver a great home theater experience.

Comments

I actually own 7 of these speakers and have them configured in a 7.2 setup in my townhome (no floor space for towers). Make no mistake, these are not the Klipsch of years gone by (I have owned many Klipsch towers… long before they started selling entry level equipment at Best Buy), but for what they are, they do a pretty solid job.

Do note, as someone mentioned earlier, the frequency range for these SLX speakers is quite shallow. Thus, you will need to pair these with a subwoofer (or two), otherwise you will be disappointed with the results. I have 2 of the Klipsch Sub-12 subwoofers paired with the SLXs (again, the sub-12 are not high end equipment by any means, but they do have a lot of bang for the buck).

My system is powered by Harman Kardon’s Flagship receiver, the AVR7300 (110 x 7), which seems to be just enough power to really make these speakers sing.

Facts

The SLX speakers were actually the result of a partnership between Best Buy and Klipsch. Best Buy had a high demand for quality (by best buy standards) wall mounted ‘flat-panel-friendly’ speakers and commissioned Klipsch to design such a product. The SLX are those speakers.

Price

At $300/pair, this is a fantastic deal, the cost for Best Buy on these speakers is $170/each.

Final Note

The reason these speakers are sold individually is because they are designed for home theater use. Thus, since the current standard for home theater is either 5 or 7 channels, if they were sold in pairs, you would always end up having to buy an extra speaker!!! So Klipsch is actually doing you a favor by selling them individually.

Hope my comments help…

I agree the WOOT deal is far better. 300.00 - 500.00 better off in my pocket than someone elses!! this is the best price i have found all over the web. Woot breaks down to be the cheapest!

Has anybody found a place to find the floor stands for these?

Well, seeing how everybody else in the world is selling these one piece at a time, Woot selling these as a pair is a true 2fer.

Prepare in advance. How redundant. How else would you prepare?

This is an INCREDIBLE deal…these puppies go for $350 EACH, not per pair, EACH, if you buy them at Best Buy or someplace else like that. $299 per pair plus $5 for shipping is by far the best price you’ll ever find on these, since it’s very rare to find any current Klipsch product on the internet. Also important to remember that Klipsch only sells through AUTHORIZED dealers…you might find some on the internet for cheaper, but chances are they’re not authorized, which means any manufacturer’s warranty is voided. This deal is confirmed with Klipsch to be authorized, so I don’t know about you guys, but I’m buyin a bunch while they still got 'em left…maybe 3 pairs and a Synergy Sub 12 from Best Buy to make a Klipsch 6.1 system…In case you didn’t know, Klipsch speakers kick @ss and chew bubble gum, and I hear they ran out of bubble gum a long time ago…

I work for a Rep Firm who Represents the Onkyo Professional Series line and we often times get 4 - 5 PO’s per day of orders for Theaters specifically. I don’t have an opinion one way or the other about Klipsch, but I think that 4 out of 5 may be a stretch.

Other than Blinged Out Cabbages, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a high number of people buy three Woots. Especially when the dollar amount is in the multiple hundreds.

I wish I had the space/need/money/permission for these.

EXCELLENT description. Was one of the few that had me stifling a laugh so as not to wake up the kiddo.

Not bad speakers. But for WOOT to be mocking the name of the brand is ridiculous. Did they ever look at their own name in the mirror? It’s stupid. Klipsch is a namesake, woot! is a silly made-up exclamation.