Klipsch Synergy SLX On-Wall Speaker - 2 Pack

Buying three sets to make a 6.1 system sounds like a great idea to me. If I wasn’t heavily in student debt, and my choice of living space weren’t in flux for the next year or two, then I would probably make my home theater with these from Woot. (It’s hard for me to buy a bunch of big heavy equipment that I will have to move in a few months, then again a few months after that, again a year after that… I gotta live light!)

I still use the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 set for computers that I bought five years ago. I am still amazed by the sound they produce. Admittedly, that set had a lot of problems and many people including myself had to return their original set to Klipsch for replacement. But they did it for free and without any reluctance, openly admitting it was a problem with the speaker set. So I commend them as well for their good customer service, and once they sent me the replacement five years ago I have been happy since!

I finally gave in. I really couldn’t afford them, but couldn’t afford to pass up this deal. My present Klipsch speakers/Onkyo receiver sound great. This will just improve it. I think I paid $400 for my KSW-12 sub a few years back. This will be a nice addition. I guess that big block for my Chevelle is gonna have to wait a little longer now

I bought 2 sets. Need help from audio experts out there. To start with can I use 3 speakers for 2 front and 1 center till i buy the center piece for 5.1 and a sub. Thanks in advance.

any suggestions on HDMI capable good receiver to go with these speakers and speaker wires?

can you?
yes

should you?
eh. sure…

will it look good?
probably not. but it will be a temporary solution at best.

ok, is there any comment on woot’s recent sellout to yahoo? yah00 (just in case they’re filtering it)… anybody?

over priced to cover there advertising cost !

Irrelivent, will they impress Joe “case o’ thirddy” Alkyhawlic? The guy who made his home audio system from five dixi cups, some string, and a used coffee can for the sub?

Honestly, most people will probably find these speakers better than whatever they got with the theatre they have now, but if you’re going to drop $900 on speakers, hawk one on eBay for $200 and use that scratch to get a sub, you could probably do something better for a little more (read not less, not the same, but MORE).

I’m sure this is a great value, but i’m equally as sure that there are better speakers out there, it’s just a matter of budget, if i had $900 to spend on speakers i’d’ve allready dropped it on three of these, but if i had $1100 to spend, i’d do some quick research beforehand.

Holy cow, talk about verbosity.

It’s not sufficient to simply match impedance. Every speaker’s impedance varies with frequency response. Therefore, don’t try to mix and match speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system. Look at how the manufacturer puts together a system or simply use the same speakers on all channels. I have a 7.1 system that uses 6 Klipsch Reference Series RB25s for the L and R plus the sides and the backs. I use an RC25 for the center, which has the same crossover and drivers. I do diverge from Klipsch on the subwoofer. The only time when it’s appropriate to go with a different brand is with subwoofer.

Synergy is Klipsch’s midrange line. They’re not as “good” as the Reference Series but that’s simply a case of beauty in the eye of the beholder. These are a very good deal at less than 50% of MSRP. I bought three pairs of them so I can have a 5.1 system and sell the 6th one on eBay. Now to get a subwoofer…

What?!? Why would it be temporary? They are LCR speakers so they would be fine for the front three channels or five channels. They DO need a subwoofer.

I have a 7.1 system with Klipsch Reference Series speakers but you need to have space behind you for the rear channels (whether in 6.1 or 7.1). My current house has a bay window behind the sectional so 7.1 works well. I’m going to be moving so I cannot depend on a back channel or two.

As for subs, I am leaning towards experimenting with SVS subs. I got an insane deal on an Infinity sub for my 7.1 system so I went with that but it could work with this and I could add the SVS to the 7.1 system. We’ll see.

It’s an excellent deal on very good speakers.

Good for you. I think that’s a good plan because they are highly efficient and the Sony isn’t known for having a lot of power. They will certainly outshine the HTIB crap you have.

get a life I’m not a rep I have a set a of these speakers that I think are great people post links to deals they think are better all the time on woot its a FORUM so get off your high horse I think your letting your color tag and attached explanation go to your head

Great speakers at a great price…but a bit of a stretch for two fer Tuesday

Since I’m way late… speakers like this do NOT come in sets typically so I completely understand the 2fer…

Anybody out there know how these bad boys hook up to an amp, integrated reciever? I have seen the word wireless and forgive me if I sound like an idiot but I’m old school with speaker wires. Besides these sound giants are replacing my vintage JBL L100s loudspeakers so I am eager to “feel the noise”

Any responses will be much appreciated…

High Horse - lulz -

WHOAAAAA NELLY!

I’m in for 2 of these as well to replace an Onkyo HTIB front speakers. Will I need a separate amp? I think my receiver should be able to power these (using 12 guage wires)

Anyone buying this, would/should have their receiver crossover before 82hz anyway. There should be no expectation of bass out of these speakers.

Gonna pass on these. The idea of a light, wall mounted speaker is pretty interesting, and they seem to be very good for pairing with a sub.

But…

they are only $100 less than the big Polk towers I just bought, and I would expect the Polks to blow them away in performance.

they don’t offer speakers too often, do they? now they had 3 different sets in like a month or so?