Klipsch Synergy SLX On-Wall Speaker - 2 Pack

didnt they have speakers not too long ago? how do these speakers differ?

$300 for a pair of 10lbs speakers ? What a ripoff.

Feet are not included. Wall mount only.

You can keep your Bose (which I’m sure you have) Maybe do a little research on Klipsch. Look around your local movie theater

And the forum fills with those that simply do not know… yet cannot remain silent. There are people here that need information, not opinions… Especially uneducated opinions.

For those on a budget or those saving money while going to college (at least they will be trying for an education) or even setting up a system with the bucks we are able to afford, these speakers should be considered a very reasonable purchase for the money. Set up properly with the correct amplification and the heaviest gauge wire you can find (that all matches) will work best with these. These are pretty fair speakers - for the money. They are not “cheap no-good” at all. They are just reasonably good speakers for the amount you will pay for them. Once put into a balanced system you should be able to have years of enjoyable use from them. Upgrading a system from time to time is what its all about anyway. The only way to get consistantly better audio equipment deals is to buy used gear from a specific website such as audiogon or similar sites.

These cabinets can (like all speakers of any level of cost and quality) be easily damaged by the WRONG TYPE and level of amplification - or most importantly - a damaging “spike” from amplifier called “clipping”, usually caused by trying to turn up an amplifier higher than it should be. This situation is easily multiplied when you improperly load your system. A situation especially caused by people that try to put two or more speakers on the same channel and turn them up loud - you are going to get a clipping situation that can ruin the speakers and waste the money you spend. Read: one speaker per channel. The manufacturer will ALWAYS be able to tell if you mis-loaded your speakers and try to get money back for damage caused by the user.

Matching your system components will result in the least amount of problems. You should try to end up with an all 8 ohm (or 4 ohm) system (unless your amp says something different for the sub or center channel - it will be labeled on the back). Reading the back or paperwork accompanying the amplifier will make all the difference in the world here. Some speakers have different resistance. The most common are going to be 4 and 8 ohm though. Match those numbers throughout the system for the best results.

These should be used for a medium quality home theater system that ties in at least two pairs of matching speakers, or three other speakers and a sub-woofer. It depends on the amplifier. The most important thing to always remember when designing a system around different brand-name audio components of similar quality is to make sure the resistance is matched to the amplification. You will find that resistance is labeled: 8 ohm, 4 ohm, 2 ohm etc. If your stereo amplifier (two channel), or theater amp (multiple-channel) has an 8 ohm recommended load for the outputs and is somewhere between 50 and 120 watts (power output) you should be fine using these. They should be anchored to the wall where a support beam (2x4 or 2x6) is and not put into the sheet-rock because these speakers will vibrate and eventually work their way out. There are a multitude of fasteners available these days for this but a good set of 2" to 3" wood or drywall screws put into the wood framing will do well. A layer of foam padding or even felt will help. Put it between the wall and mounting bracket If your system has a 5.1 or 7.1 amplification layout, these will do you well as surrounds or even the front main speakers. The “.1” means that you will also need a center channel speaker (usually a different design that is made specially for a mid-range response - where the human voice is) located at, above/below or near the center of your monitor (TV or movie screen). Once again, these are designed to use with a sub-woofer, and that will either have its own amp built in, or have a separate amp channel coming out of the amplifier. Most subs these days have amplifiers built into them.

You are not WASTING your money here, but there are much better and worse speakers out there. These are a good solid value for the budget-conscious buyer.

Can i hook these up to my computer?

I dunno…I feel kinda scammed. “Two for Tuesday?” Who in their right mind would buy just ONE speaker? Of course you’re gonna buy TWO. It should’ve been TWO PAIRS…Or TWO of something. Not a “set.” I think they should make up for it next tuesday with TWO bags of crap!

I dunno, if something is sold in a one-pack everywhere else and woot gives you 2 of them, that kinda sounds like a two for

I have a 7.1 surround system with Klipsch Reference speakers. The Synergy line is their middle of the road system that is sold at big box stores like Best Buy. This is a very good price on some solid speakers. As for MDF, it’s pretty commonly used because of its sound deadening properties.

I am considering buying these for a secondary system. It won’t replace my primary system but for this price it’s a heck of a deal. Plus, Klipsch is religious about policing their distribution channels so it’s tough to find great internet deals on their speakers.

“did the vanns guy say he ordered to many and wanted to give you a deal?”

ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Uh-oh.

You mean impedance, which represents the total load. Impedance includes resistance, inductance (inductive load), and reactance (capacitive load). The resistive component of impedance responds to DC current. An audio signal has practically no DC component. If you put a multimeter across your speaker terminals to check resistance, the reading will be meaningless with respect to matching speakers to amplifiers.

“X.1” means there are X discrete channels with a full-frequency range. E.g. 5.1 means there are discrete left, center, right, left and right surround channels with full frequency range, plus a discrete channel which is not full frequency range (LFE or low frequency effect [for your sub]). See Dolby Digital - Wikipedia for more.

that price is for one speaker only,

also as i said before, HA HA HA HA

last week a guy pulled up next to me while driving and gave me the line that his boss ordered too many and he needed to unload them by this afternoon…

Ya MDF is a little stronger and more solid than particle board - its sawdust glued together

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/544400216?v_c=CPKLIPSCHpkg083107_CP

Vanns sells for $249

Maybe woot will match or beat?

I hate to be the one to break the bad news…that is just sound. The words “sound system” do not apply in your case.

I bought six of them. These are LCR - left, center and right. I have enough for a 5.1 system plus one extra. Now I need a second subwoofer.

If you didn’t already know all this, then you are probably wasting your money. Of course, I have hearing loss in one ear so I could buy one and it would sound just as good.

They often don’t come in pairs because ideally you want the exactly the same speaker for the three front positions. This model looks like it’s designed to be mounted horizontally as the center channel as well as vertically for the left and right sides.

One of my favorite descriptions ever today! I have a set of klipsch computer speakers and they are just okay, nothing spectacular.

10 points for style.
Please check the upgrade policy. I do believe it clearly states, you MUST keep the speakers for 5 years.
I do love some of the posts today.