Know Your Moons

Not until the third installment.

…and, in a galaxy far far away…

As a nerd who’s a non-Star-Wars-geek, I totally thought it was Pac-Man, and I thought the joke was funny.

I’m guessing the Venn diagram of Star Wars fans and Pac-Man fans mostly overlaps, but due to the shirt’s multiple interpretations, you will get all three sections of that diagram to enjoy this shirt.

Educational and geeky. Nice one, Vincent!

Bravo Vincent!

I must be a geek–I not only recogized the Death Star quote but I also know that it is a moon–Mimas, moon of Saturn looks like the Death Star.

http://www.google.com/search?q=mimas+moon+of+saturn&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#biv=i|0;d|CFzxRH04Ca-MjM:

Here is a better image of Mimas, moon of Saturn, aka The Death star.

http://wanderingspace.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/6220_14743_1.jpg

Love the t-shirt, but it should have been titled ‘You’ve just been mooned’.
That would have been perfect and sold a million.

Love the design, but it’d make a better poster, I think.

Don’t wear this shirt: If you’re worried the Death Star will get jealous of the actual moons and blow them up. Then the shirt would be really boring.

In for one for Hubby, who is a stargazer and astrophotographer. So much so that I can hardly afford this shirt :-/

However, I’m think that if I showed him the ‘cute’ comments he might not be phased (!!!). Too straight and narrow, my hubby is. I’m going to test him and see if he gets all of the subtleties here (and not so subtleties!)

Your comments are hilarious - all of them. I love being able to come to Woot and get my giggles in for the day.

Ty Ty Ty.

PS: how does one give kudos for a quality post? I know how to in the community sourced deals, but … duh!

I would like to see woot offer more then one color per design. black is not my best color but this time I am making an exception.

This rendition looks more like Pac Man (and a creepy robot one at that) than the Death Star, but it’s still a great shirt.

Knowing it was the Death Star, but thinking it has an uncanny resemblance to Pac-Man, I came to the comments section to see who shared the sentiment… Glad to see other woot!ers have not let me down.

Nice shirt, I might have to get one for my son who at 1 seems to have a large fascination with the moon.

Oh thank goodness. I thought this was going to be a kaleidoscope of moon stuff (i.e. Sailor Moon, New Moon, Majora’s Mask, etc.)

Also, I think Star Wars shirts are the only kind that can consistently get away with being black.

That’s not a star, that’s a satellite.

Nope.

The line “That’s no moon… its a space station” is actually a famous memorable line said by Obi-Wan Kenobi from Empire Strikes Back. Sorry uninitiated but this is not PacMan.

So when are we getting another poster event? This HAS to be a poster.

So, if half of the moon is visible, it is called a quarter moon. Should it not follow that a “full moon” be called a half moon?