Kodak 12 Megapixel Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom

Kodak? No thanks!

Max SD/SDHC capacity supported is 32 gig.

Afraid not. Here are the KAA2HR-PCs compatible cameras:

C1013 C513 C703 Z1285
C300 C530 C713 Z650
C310 C533 C743 Z700
C315 C603 C813 Z710
C330 C613 C875 Z740
C340 C633 C913 Z885
C360 C643 CD33 ZD710
C433 C653 CD40
C503 C663 Z1275

I got the 10MP cousin of this in my bag of crap today.
Apparently mine was in a bag of crap because it didn’t have the battery - but I filed a bit of plastic off, removed the battery door, and jammed it in anyway. Camera now works great and takes very respectable photos and decent enough video.
I like the macro ability.
Here’s a picture I just took of a magnet on my fridge: http://aegis.eat-peet.net/img/100_0013.JPG

No - you can’t zoom while making video. You set your zoom, and then you press the shutter button to start the clip. This is primarily a camera, but with some video capability added. At $80… a little pricey, but I still got 3 for the family.

3 cameras for 80 bucks? Woohoo! I’m in for 3… I mean 9!

84 out of 100 on Alatest.
http://alatest.com/reviews/digital-compact-camera-reviews/kodak-easyshare-c190/po3-83269951,147/

There are some VERY bad reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-Easyshare-C190-2-7-inch-Blue/dp/B002IVVDHS

Most of the bad reviews seem to be from QVC ordered cameras, perhaps QVC had a bad batch? There’s great disparity; either the reviewer found no problems and loved the quality, or the camera was complete crap. I’ve seen this happen with QVC before, where they bought a shitload of slightly defective product and sold it at some sort of discount, and they all had to be returned to the manufacturer. (I have a packrat relative that orders 30+ items from QVC each month)

I don’t know, I mean, some people just don’t know how to use a camera properly. I would take any non-professional review with a grain of salt.

I’d like people to keep in mind that this is an $80 camera for snapshots and such.

If you want a camera that’s going to last look elsewhere.

I have owned 3 different Kodak digital cameras, 5 megapixel , 7 megapixel and 9 megapixel. They all have stopped working in 12 months, they use batteries like crazy. I would never own another Kodak digital camera ever, even if it was free.
I now own Cannon and I love it.

Note on Kodak software:

DO NOT PUT THE KODAK CD IN YOUR COMPUTER. THROW IT AWAY.

Kodak software is horrible and may slow your computer or cause problems.

Use Picasa to download, edit, and print/email pictures. It is completely free from Google. You do NOT need Kodak’s sorry exuse for programming to connect your camera. Heck, you don’t even need Picasa, Windows XP and above will work out of the box.

I have a Kodak C813 8.2 refurbished camera that I purchased from WOOT at least a year ago, probably more, and it’s been a little dream. Good pictures… It doesn’t really like cold - that’s it’s only problem.

According to the manual:

■ KODAK MAX Alkaline Battery, AA: >250 pictures
■ KODAK Oxy-Alkaline Digital Camera Batteries AA: >350 pictures
■ KODAK Ni-MH Pre-Charged Rechargeable Digital Camera Batteries AA: >500 pictures per charge
■ KODAK Ni-MH Rechargeable Digital Camera Batteries AA: >500 pictures per charge

Battery life per CIPA testing method. (Approx. number of pictures in Smart Capture
mode.) Actual life may vary based on usage.

re: Battery life

I’m on my second Kodak right now. My first used AAs and the battery life was pretty terrible. I found, using a voltmeter, that there was plenty of juice left in the batteries but the camera didn’t care. My current one uses a special battery and the battery life is much better. Since I’ve never owned a not-Kodak, I can’t compare, but I’ve taken 500-700 shots a day on vacation on a 2000mAh battery without the low battery icon even coming on. That’s good enough for me.

Does this camera fit the Kodak EasyShare Series 3 printer dock?

It says it has Smart capture which analyzes the scene and adjusts the settings for you. So why does it also have Scene modes. Is there a big difference in using the Smart Capture versus using the Scene modes? Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m in because of the self-timer abilities:

10 seconds—A picture is taken after a 10-second delay (so you have time to get
into the scene).

2 seconds—A picture is taken after a 2-second delay (for a steady, shutter
release on a tripod).

2 shot—The first picture is taken after a 10-second delay. A second picture is
taken 8 seconds later.

i keep seeing the phrases ‘blurry’ and ‘inconsistent’ pictures in more than a few reviews. think i’ll pass on this one.