Kodak 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera

I don’t like the resolution, but the no optical zoom is the real killer.

Digital zoom sucks worse than that Hoover they sold a couple nights ago.

http://www.scarypersonals.com/images/badge2.bmp

I want my first woot, to be something special, something that I never knew I needed or maybe even knew existed! Sorry, but I can’t waste my first woot tonight, it would just cheapen the whole experience, true love waits. Maybe tomorrow… Woot, please wow me tomorrow!

Hey congratulations, that was almost amusing. To clarify: the camera I had, which is a similar model, had no lens cover. Because of this things like frequent use, carrying it around in a pocket, or putting it in a carry-on bag eventually meant scratching. This means crappy pictures.

OMG I almost bought one and then noticed no optical zoom. Wow that was close. Who want only a digizoom?

Funny, cause I’ve long since upgraded to a 7.2mp and gave my 5mp to my parents. Oh how the wheels go round and round.

No optical zoom NO THANKS

I have this camera and it’s really great for someone who is just looking for a cheap digital camera to do the job. The video is grainy and soundless, but hey, what do you expect for something so cheap?

The battery life is actually quite bad, the digital camera AA are the best for it, they lasted a while with heavy usage.

It really zooms in far but totally loses quality very quickly.

As for the night picture mode, it doesn’t really do anything.

But still, if you are looking for a cheap camera that does the job and is dependable, go for this.

yeah i almost laughed too. maybe i should upgrade from 110 to 35 mm and try the lens cap only when it’s not being used then? better all around?

Yeah, not using the lens cap when you want to take a picture does generally improve the color quality. Film or a memory card have been known to help as well. Lesson learned there, I tell ya.

This camera is complete junk.
Lets ignore the lack of optical zoom (we all know digital zoom is a joke) and how 3.2MP is crappy by today’s standards…

Image quality on a kodak digital camera sucks. In all but the very best conditions the images tend to be grainy, low detail, and with bad lighting. To make matters worse the kodak cameras I have used have had the compression jacked way up causing image quality to be even lower. The compression alone caused pictures taken on my recently deceased 5MP kodak camera to look as bad if not worse than pictures from a decent brand of 3MP.

Low light, movement, and other issues quickly cause the autofocus to stop working, much faster than other cameras I’ve used. I don’t know about other models, but the last kodak I had seemed to favor long shutter times when, often causing a degree of blurring in any non-optimal lighting situations unless using a tripod.

I can’t recommend this camera to anyone. And no offense woot, but for this teir of camera, the price blows.

UGH! I just bought one. Guess I should check out the comments first. :frowning:

I love how woot so strongly supports SD/MMC. At least they’re consistent. You never have to worry about your new woot not working with your old flash cards. Now if only they would give us some great deals on SD cards…

This is really cheap for a halfway decent megapixel camera. I have a 3.2 megapixel Canon and am very happy with it. I would stay away from these Kodak cameras though, haven’t heard the greatest things about em. Splurge on a good brand!

Hey, I’ll take it. Great mother’s day gift for my mom who doesn’t know much about computers, but sure has heard of Kodak. This will be her first “digital” <gasp!> camera, and I bet she’ll be thrilled with the quality. I can just picture it now: “Come show me how to send this to my friends by Electronic Mail!”

Do a search on Froogle or your favorite price search engine for “Dimage G600”.

This 6MP camera is dirt cheap, takes jaw-dropping pictures(amazing optics), usues SD memory, and has one of the fastest start-up times of any camera, even compared to the ones that are new. The only negative is it doesn’t do 64048030fps video, but for ~150, it’s a fantastic camera.

I own one. It’s so slick. Battery lasts forever and it has a fantastic interface. I really believe it’s the best 6MP value on the market. Yes, it’s a couple of years old, but at the time it was a $400 camera. Now $150. :slight_smile:

P.S. It also has the coolest set of blue leds for a countdown timer and focusing sensor. Open it up and they go back and forth once, like a Cylon(hence the common name for it being the Cylon camera - heh)

Great camera for that youngin in your life that has a huge amount of energy/imagination/curiosity, if i had the cash i’d pick one up for my niece. Don’t count on the quality for anyone over 14 though.

Forgot to add, as with all digi cameras you’re gonna need rechargeable NiMH batteries, and stay away from using the digital zoom, far far away from it.

Kodak 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera AKA Brownie9.3

if you want a sweet digital camera, spend the money and buy one of these.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2005_reviews/ex-z57.html

they take sweet clear pictures.

Great camera if you want to print out small pictures or post them on the web.