Kodak 3.2 Megapixel Digital Camera

No optical zoom means digital, which takes away quality from an already poor resolution camera. If it was 5mp, it would be ok, but 3 is just to low to make any enlargements.
Plus, it’s kind of bulky.
Go with a $100 sony from Walmart :wink:

That’s a no-go–The DX series is far better and worth the money. Plus the software that comes with Kodak cameras will mess up your OS royally. Beware of the software if you purchase this one…

$74 on Froogle… but I like my digital SLR (though a nice small digi camera would be nice for when I don’t want to lug the SLR around, but I want more megapixels)

wow two crappy woot’s back to back. i’d rather have someone draw the pictures i want
the quality might be better.

Is it me or did the graph go backwards? :frowning:

And yet it’ll sell out in a few minutes.

TO ALL YOU HATERS:

This is exactly what I was looking for - something inexpensive that can take digital pictures. I don’t care about the mp, the zoom, any of it. My company needs something to kick around the warehouse and take photos of shipments before they go out.

Some of us do have a use for this stuff.

Nice camera for the money. For the money, people. Have one in my desk drawer here at work that we paid about twice as much for. Need a cheap camera for quick digital documentation (for example, as in my role as a health inspector)? Here’s a good deal!

Could someone please post the link for a woot-off monitor web page, pretty please?

For all you 3.2 haters… 3.2 megapixels is all you need unless you plan to PRINT anything larger than 8x10. The number of megapixels is merely a measure of the SIZE of the image… it has nothing to do with QUALITY. An image from a 7 MP camera reduced to 1024x768 for viewing on a computer will look absolutely no better than the same image from a 3.2 MP camera. The main advantage to larger resolutions is that you can crop smaller images out of your main image if necessary and still maintain enough resolution for a good print. If all you do with your images is look at them on your computer, post them to websites, etc. or print normal-size prints, then anything larger than 3.2 is just a waste. It costs more, you need more memory, it takes longer to write the image to the memory card, etc. etc. etc.

For future reference, woot-gods, when giving specs on a camera, I am looking for:
*size - will it fit in a shirt pocket?
Please give dimensions
*weight - will it weigh down a purse or deform a pocket?
Please give the weight
*power - will this eat up batteries?
Please state whether this has a rechargeable battery pack or whether we’ll have to buy batteries - and which size?
*Will I be able to e-mail pictures without a lot of manipulation on the computer?
Thank you for posting its MP resolution (or whatever it’s measuring)

$50 for a digital camera WITH display on back? I don’t care if it can zoom. Would you rather have a throw away film camera or something you can use and abuse and see what picture you just took. 3.2’s not bad, it’s better than your cell phone cam. Thanks woot - The perfect gift for my daughter. - And I don’t have to worry about her messing up my Digital SLR.

For future reference, woot-gods, when giving specs on a camera, I am looking for:
*size - will it fit in a shirt pocket?
Please give dimensions
*weight - will it weigh down a purse or deform a pocket?
Please give the weight
*power - will this eat up batteries?
Please state whether this has a rechargeable battery pack or whether we’ll have to buy batteries - and which size?
*Will I be able to e-mail pictures without a lot of manipulation on the computer?
Thank you for posting its MP resolution (or whatever it’s measuring)

Wow!

Got one for the kids - 8 and 3 - let them destroy a crappy little camera, not my Rollie and Mamiya.

exactly, i’m with the non-naysayers. i suppose those would be the yayesayers. yaye, $50 camera.

I bought this for a friend who has NO digicam at all. she’ll bleedin’ love it :stuck_out_tongue:

Perfect timing! I have a Kodak DX7630 and the wife has a Canon SD400. Daughter’s birthday was last week and she wants a digital camera to play around with. For the price, I think this is exactly what I’m looking for. She will be pleased.
thanks WOOT!!

WOW…that’s a turnaround. Ordered yesterday and recieved TODAY. WOOT!!

Yesterday shortly after nine a.m. I ordered this camera during the woot-off. It was waiting for me when I got home the next afternoon…before the woot-off was over! Very impressive delivery!
:slight_smile: I live south of Waco…about 120 miles south of Carrollton. Thanks Woot!!!

Jun 9, 2006 4:06 PMDelivered Hewitt, TX
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
7:25 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery WOODWAY, TX
5:36 AM At local FedEx facility WOODWAY, TX
3:43 AM Departed FedEx location HUTCHINS, TX
12:59 AM Arrived at FedEx location HUTCHINS, TX
Jun 8, 2006 9:50 PM Left origin IRVING, TX
7:37 PM Arrived at FedEx location IRVING, TX
6:24 PM Picked up IRVING, TX
7:07 PM Package data transmitted to FedEx CARROLLTON, TX

i received my camera today. I was surprised when the box said refurbished. I read the description again just now and did not see “refurbished” anywhere in the woot. Did everyone get this refurbished or a new one?
thanks!