Kodak 8MP Digital Camera and Multifunction Printer Bundle

Don’t need either because I own both of these. They were not bought together. I paid lots more. Bummer about that. The ink really is cheap. Best Buy has it for around $21-$22 for a complete set, black and color cartridges. The printer does very well on both documents and photographs.

If this was something I needed I’d jump in a hurry.

i wonder how long thisone will last… probably gonna be reasonably popular… cool stuff… good price… no, great price… seriously nice… and useful linkage is up

The cheaper the camera and the higher the mega pixels, the more blurry the pictures tend to come out in my opinion. Also lighting is worse. They always try to get you on the megapixels. I’m sure the printer is good though :), so it’s like Buy a printer get a camera free! or something… I think I just spend to much time looking at pictures on flickr, so i can’t stand cameras without the slr :smiley:

i think i saw the infomercial for this the other night. they say the ink is alot cheaper because they put the print head in the printer instead of each ink cartridge. they did a comparison with an HP printer and were spending almost half the price of ink while printing photos. that is, if you want to believe an infomercial.

and if you want to believe Caroline Rhea…

Not a bad deal. Easily a $90 savings, than if bought separately and elsewhere. Checkout Amazon.com and Wal-Mart.

So weird i was just looking at picture printers. Might go with this instead of the picturemate dash

Taken from the CNET article

“The bottom line: Unless you absolutely need a camera in your favorite color, give this one a pass.”

I like the bundle idea, but I’m sick and tired of camera companies giving so much importance to how many MP it is when they completely overlook the lens and sensor quality. Also, every review I’ve seen has been that it’s sloooowww and unresponsive sometimes.

New ink, pigment based, will last forever…

Just ask a cave man!

Yeah i think 5mp is max for a NON SLR camera.

yes Kodak makes good printers. The ink for them are much cheaper than the other brands. I have the 5300 AIO and it prints really good.

Definitely some nice savings on this one. already done my Christmas shopping though.

I thought it said malfunctioning printer, and thought,Well at least they’re honest

But, having a print head in the printer is a bit dangerous because if you don’t use it frequently, the ink can dry out and cause problems with the printer. If you print regularly, this shouldn’t be an issue.

I think for $155.00, this is a great deal…if only to have as a backup printer and camera. I bought one of those all in one printers/fax, etc., but I like the idea of this one having a flatbed scanner.

So they do offer an archival ink? Don’t know about forever…but something like 125 years. Long enough for me!

you and me are in the same boat.
damn polaroid… its laughing at me

Was thinking about this but the reviews on the 5100 are not that great.
http://www.epinions.com/Kodak_EASYSHARE_5100_Printer/display_~reviews

I’ve actually used all three of the Kodak printers. As a the first home ink-jet printer Kodak has produced’s not without an issue or two (for example, I cannot for the life of me get this to share between my Mac and PC)… but I can tell you a couple things:

1. The print quality on photos for this thing is INCREDIBLE. Super fast, and the pictures you print look fantastic.

2. I find it very fast and good for document printing.

3. It’s HUGE. Very large. Big, I tell ya.

4. The ink is super super cheap. $10 for a replacement black cartridge and it prints a lot.

5. The software that comes with it leaves something to be desired. I stick with Picasa on the PC.

I find it to be a great combo between a document and photo printer (and the dedicated photopaper draw – in which you can LEAVE paper even when not printing photos – is a very nice touch.

Full disclosure: a buddy of mine is on the design team for these printers. I can say quite truthfully that he did not pressure me at all to buy one (and he never says a word about my Canon camera) … it was the photo printing quality that won me over. Also, I’d gotten a couple other printers over the last couple years, and it started to really irk me with how often I needed to buy ink.

Did I mention its super big?

This is an awesome deal. Best Buy sell the printer for about $149, at Walmart $129.99. The printer can be researched at Eastman Kodak Company | Kodak

I promote this printer on the weekend and 4 out of 5 times the customer want this printer.

Hey! A Woot that you can use those Monster USB Cables With!!!
Nice bundle, but HP ink is to pricey for me.
If I had the extra cash, perhaps, but no today.

TWG

Sam’ Club sells the combo set of ink for $19.88