Kodak Easyshare 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Kodak Easyshare 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom
$89.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Happy 4th everyone!!

Oh, the things Blanche would have done with this camera.

Pink is the only color?

Kodak Site

This Kodak is going for $149.99 on Amazon. Looks like just in this color, too.

Huh, I thought it was red. But yes, what you see is what you get.

I’ve owned Kodak cameras in the past, in fact I still own a Kodak Z612, and it’s been fantastic.

I’d strongly recommend this camera just due to the brand name.

Here’s a HD video test…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KPdD78IBM0

There’s one thing about this camera, it doesn’t have added IS (image stabilization) which is good for those with shaky hands.

True, but “This item is not eligible for Amazon Prime when purchased from Target.com

But free gift wrap!!

We gift wrap everyone one of our packages! It’s just invisible so you can’t see it. We’ve patented that paper!

I have it on good authority that this camera does poorly when taking pictures of question mark shirts, leading to a blurry image… but I hear some people like that kind of thing.

anyone know if this is a good camera for the moneyy? thanks

I like it cause it’s red.

I’ve had a Kodak 7.1 for three years now, bought it as a refurb off Woot for almost the same price, and I’ve been very happy with it. I’m strongly considering this. My vacation is at the end of the month!

I really like having the proprietary battery, by the way. Way cheaper (and less guilt-inducing) than using tossable AAs. I did have to buy a second battery after two years, but that one’s been going strong and I like having a spare anyway.

Kodak does not make these, they are made overseas, then branded with the Kodak name. Search the innerwebs, and see how many times Kodak refuses to repair them, claiming “You must have dropped this.”

Sorry if I sound bitter. It is because fireworks are banned in my county. I love the 4th, but only when I make things 'splode.

How does this stack up for MegaPixels and Zoom? Is optical better than digital?

14 Megapixels is plenty. Most DSLRs are 12-15 range. This will allow you to crop down and it won’t be blurry, it’ll still look sharp. The 5x’s optical zoom is about average of what you’ll find in a point and shoot these days. 3x used to be the norm, but now it is generally 5x. Optical zoom is better than digital because optical is actually the lens doing the zooming. Digital zoom is the computer in the camera blowing up the photo, thus making it blurry.

I work at a retail store that sell Kodak cameras…they come back broken in highly disproportionate numbers relative to the Canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras we sell.