Kodak Easyshare 14MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom

I bought one of these for about the same price. Nice cameras, good battery life. Kinda hard to work with SLR accustomed hands tho. Much better than the proprietary crap they were coming out with… and spare batteries are actually reasonably priced.

Learned the hard way - always google for reviews before buying a camera.

Just like most consumer electronics it is made under contract overseas. I can’t speak to their reliability, but if you search the web for ANYTHING you will find a lot of disgruntled humans. I’m in for one.

Is the AC Adapter 110V/220V? I need a camera for use in the Philippines.

Optical zoom is the zoom cabability of the lens itself. It’s the best. Digital zoom is no where near as good.

The one on the Walmart site for $80 is the C195 which I got from Woot a while back. I liked the camera but had to send it back to Kodak for repairs which they did at no cost but it broke again and I haven’t bothered to get it fixed a second time.

Well then, they might almost be worth buying. The last Kodak digital I bought was a long time back but it had an unbelievably primitive (and convoluted) interface and terrible ergonomics. Never again.

Optical is better than digital.

Kodak has been improving the consumer experience lately, and their cameras are getting better, about the same time they started making some worthwhile printers. I have a slightly older 12.1 that has been serving as a backup.

It was pressed into emergency duty for a vacation trip to the Outer Banks. The trip featured a wedding, and the pics drew rave reviews. They became the main album. It also got me a top 6 finish in a 3200+ entry photo contest.

How does this compare against the Kodak Easyshare C195? They seem very similar except about a $50 difference.

DO NOT get this. You’re wasting your money. If you like crisp, clear pictures, Kodak is NOT for you.

My wife was given a Kodak Easyshare a few years ago for Christmas. I replaced it with a real brand within a year because if found that we’d leave the camera at home because the quality was so bad.

Consumer Reports confirmed my thoughts on Kodak cameras when I replaced mine. The margin between Kodak (at the bottom) and the rest of the cameras was astounding. Not just the best cameras, all of them!

I use this camera for work [possibly the model down but yeah, this camera]

Great for outdoor shots or anything with enough lighting. Dont expect to use it in doors at. all. and get something decent.

In for one. Needed something to replace my six year old camera, and it’ll be nice to have a new camera to use on our honeymoon.

I bought a Kodak EasyShare CD82 from Woot last summer to be a “car” camera. I have taken it out of the car lately and used it to take pictures out in the park and it takes really good pictures. I do occasionally get shaky hands and have to retake a picture but I am pleased with the quality of the camera and the pictures.

My only real quibble is that it is slow to reset itself. I am not sure how that is measured but it may make a difference depending on what you are using it for.

A good summary, but I’d replace the word “blurry” with another word. A LOT of folks try to take impossible indoor shots of little Johnny on the basketball court, and the subject motion is interpreted as blurry or unsharp.

Low resolution, out of focus and subject motions are three separate quality factors.

what’s the difference between this and the M552?
Thanks!

Kodak has ALWAYS made different qualities of cameras at different price points. They once sold low quality Instamatics and ,at the same time, German-made Retinas.

And all lower end cameras from any brand are made overseas, often China, even if the company is American or Japanese. Even your so-called “real” brands fill in their lower end lines with cameras they simply slap their name on. While it is wise to check individual models, to condemn an entire brand based on one experience is not useful or accurate.

These are $150 at Target: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/177-9013725-9313942?asin=B004WQ1E44&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B004WQ1E44&CPNG=electronics&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B004WQ1E44&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

AC to DC adapter blocks are usually 100 to 240 VAC, and 50-60 hz which means they will work almost anywhere in the world, provided you can plug them in; in addition to voltages and frequencies, wall sockets vary worldwide.

See Mains electricity by country - Wikipedia for more information.

OK, brilliant background story accompanying today’s sale!