Kodak Easyshare 16MP Camera

The included Kodak batteries were not impressive. Sanyo Eneloop rechargeables lasted much better and are pretty cheap at Costco.

We continue to welcome that feedback but the product thread is not the place for it. Tomorrow, nobody will see the feedback in this thread. The thread linked above is where staff and others know to go look for feedback. I also encourage you to use the Beta Feedback button at the top right of the page. Every bit of it is read.

That thread might be where staff know to go look and “every bit of” feedback submitted through the feedback button might be read, but staff will show no sign of it to the users. Sure, there are a few things that have been tweaked a bit, but (as of the last time I looked) there hadn’t been A SINGLE written response in any thread or sent out to any user in response to all the “feedback.”

So from the point of view of another somewhat frustrated user, I can understand the desire to post a “feedback” comment anywhere one might think it could possibly be seen. Also, feedback and/or criticisms might be about the site, but not directed at the staff to read. Someone might feel the urge to express their thoughts or point of view for other users to see and where they know other users are CURRENTLY reading comment.

BTW- it’s actions and responses like the one pointed out here that are making your loyal users become less loyal.

http://www.modcloth.com/shop/cameras-electronics/chic-shutterbug-camera-strap-in-tartan

http://www.amazon.com/EzFoto-Multi-Color-Olympus-Panasonic-cameras/dp/B003U3H5CK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1340952063&sr=8-15&keywords=camera+strap

Anyone know if you can turn off the autofocus? I have horrible luck with them!

megev wrote:
That thread might be where staff know to go look and “every bit of” feedback submitted through the feedback button might be read, but staff will show no sign of it to the users. Sure, there are a few things that have been tweaked a bit, but (as of the last time I looked) there hadn’t been A SINGLE written response in any thread or sent out to any user in response to all the “feedback.”

Yep, you said it right.
So from the point of view of another somewhat frustrated user, I can understand the desire to post a “feedback” comment anywhere one might think it could possibly be seen. Also, feedback and/or criticisms might be about the site, but not directed at the staff to read. Someone might feel the urge to express their thoughts or point of view for other users to see and where they know other users are CURRENTLY reading comment.

BTW- it’s actions and responses like the one pointed out here that are making your loyal users become less loyal.

Yep, you said it right.

Bought this the last time it was on Woot. One thing to note that could be a pro or con depending on your perspective is that the full auto mode messes with vibrance. Grass will be greener, the sky bluer, your clothes etc. brighter/richer. Manual and Program modes seem to leave it alone.

berrybuzz, in M and P modes I see focus options of Center, Face Priority, and Multi-Zone. You can half depress the button to focus on one object, point at something closer/farther away, and snap the pic, but I don’t see a manual override. This caused me some trouble at the zoo, where I took a lot of pictures of fences.

I have tried rechargeable batteries and they never last long for me…and when they die, they die immediately, with no warning!
Can you recommend a Good Brand?!
Thanks!
^^X^^

So…where’d everybody go?!

^^X^^

technically a “Reflex” camera has a mirror that reflex the TTL image into the viewfinder so it is maybe a reflexless or mirrorless TTL electronic VF There are DSLR that have mirrors and those that move the sensor out of the sight plane and there was a Canon Eos that used a Pellicle or one way mirror not long ago maybe as an homage to the Cannon Pellix of the 60’s.

Was it just me or did everybody get the past woot off email?

I love love love love this camera :smiley:

I recommend tenergy batteries I use them in my flash lights and camping gear. All NIMH batteries with die suddenly they maintain a more or less constant voltage for most of there discharge cycle followed by a sharp drop in voltage when they near depletion as opposed to an alkaline battery which steadily drops in voltage as it discharges this is why the battery meter in an electronic device designed to run on alkaline batteries with give incorrect readings when NiMH batteries are used.

There are two different battery chemistries used in rechargeable batteries NiMH or Nickel Metal Hydride and NiCad or Nickel Cadmium the NiMH are the ones you want NiCad is not as energy dense and suffers from what is called the memory effect where if you don’t fully discharge the battery before recharging it it “forgets” that it could fully discharge reducing its capacity.

The energy density of NIMH batteries has improved over the years for instance the Rayovac AA rechargeable batteries I bought about a decade ago are only rated for 1600 mAh (Millie amp hours) while the tenergy AA I bought a few years ago are rated for 2600 mAh. When shopping for rechargeable batteries use the mAh to compare batteries higher ratings are generally better I say generally because the capacity of the battery is going to vary depending on how quickly it is discharged. The slower the discharge cycle when they test the battery the less energy lost to waste heat this can result in one brand of battery having a higher capacity then another on paper when in reality the both have about the same level or performance.

There are two flavours of NiMH battery there is standard(some times marketed as high capacity) and low self discharge the standard NiMH batteries have a some what higher capacity then the low self discharge batteries but don’t store very well they lose there charge during storage meaning that you generally have to charge shortly before you use them. Low self discharge NiMH are a fairly new development you give up about 20% of your over all capacity for a battery that you can charged for long periods of time the can be stored for several years and will still have about 80% of there charge.

Finally do NOT buy any batteries where the mAh is not stated when I was shopping for D size batteries for my maglights and florescent lantern I found that many manufactures simply put a small reachable in a D sized shell these were big name brands too these energizer batteries are a prime example DO NOT BUY THESE they are charging you $5 a battery for 2500 mAh my AAs are rated at 2600 mAh. this is what you want while they are more expensive at about 7.40 a battery they are rated for 10,000 mAh four times the capacity of the energizers this is the whole reason I started to buy tenergy batteries they were pretty much the only game in town for rechargeable D cells at the time.

For a general guide line look for about 1000 mAh for AAAs, 2500 mAh for AA, 5000 mAh for Cs and 10,000 mAh for Ds subtract about 20% for Low Self discharge batteries.

Finally don’t cheap out on a charger get a smart charger that measures charge state instead of one that simply uses a timer it will greatly extend the useful life of your batteries.
Hope this helps

EDIT
Before some on says something about it I didn’t say any thing about lithium ion batteries because they are not available as drop in replacements for alkaline batteries as they require complex circuity to manage there charge and discharge cycles.

Cheap at Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Z5010-Digital-Camera/dp/B005KG3NSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340964254&sr=8-1&keywords=Kodak+a5120

[Thunderthighs: We’re selling the Z5210.]

Hey, it’s

National Camera Day!

300x200

http://mikarose.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/73816881361871011_20LNqCWO_f.jpg[/img]

I bought this camera a month ago when it was on here for $10 more and I love it. I bought rechargeable batteries, but I’m still on the OEM set. I haven’t read the manual yet, but I’m struggling a bit with the auto-focus. I was trying to take pics of some baby Catbirds and I ended up getting a bunch of bush pics. And in this case, that was a bad thing.

There’s no way you can sell yourself as a professional photographer to prospective “models” if you are holding a camera out to look at the display. You need a viewfinder!

Same here. Looks like a lot of camera for the money but I won’t buy another one unless it has a viewfinder.

Sanyo Eneloop AA rechargeable batteries (Amazon.com, ThomasDistributing.com) are top rated and have served me well.

I got this just in time for a trip to D.C. and it took great pictures at all the museums in light and dark and of monuments both day and night. With the 26x zoom I too pictures of a painting on the wall in a window of the White House and of guy on the balcony on the second story from the reflecting pool. Its settings are very easy to use as well.