Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom

Not new, Refurbs.

for simple point and shoot stuff over 3mp is overkill

Cheapest refurb on this at Amazon is $119.95

I have bought four Kodak consumer cameras for family members and all have been excellent values and more than adequate for their purpose.

yes best to do that with most cameras!

I’ve had 2 Kodak EasyShare cameras, and I was unhappy with both of them. Please note that I have never owned this particular model. The picture quality was mediocre at best, and the software that accompanied the cameras was less than user-friendly. The shutter speed on both Kodaks was particularly slow. I now own a Canon PowerShot and I am much happier with it. The picture quality is wonderful and the shutter speed is great.

Just thought I’d share my experience. :slight_smile:

My parents each have the 8MP Kodak Easy Shares and they’re amazing, so I don’t know what people are complaining about. Honestly I’d probably snatch this up if I actually had a job. >_>

I have a Kodak, its okay for everyday shots - the “family camera,” if your looking to do professional or real high quality digital shots, I would pass.

My Kodak has not done too badly. I don’t use it when I want a great picture, but at Aunt Helga’s wedding, it does the job.

No video will not be in high definition on this thing. Probably won’t even have a constant 30fps.

OKAY PEOPLE! unless your ganna blow up your pictures to hang up on your wall then MP dont really matter that much, just cause its 10 MP doesn’t mean the camera rocks…7MP is just fine… its the angle, focus, and everything else that matters, but these suck! so dont even waste your $100 on this piece of crap =)

If you’re going to edit the pictures, having more pixels means you can crop out more and still have a quality image. Of course, if it’s a crappy picture, millions of megapixels won’t make it better.

5 x zoom

That is not much at all these days.

And as has been mentioned, optics are king. Kodak’s don’t have a good track record.

The following review is very informative:
http://www.infosyncworld.com/reviews/n/8409.html

As much as I would like a compact camera to use at times when my SLR isn’t appropriate, I’m gonna pass on this one.

Wow — I’ve never had to page down so much on the Woot main page.

I don’t know about the quality of the specs, but the sheer quantity is unsurpassed.

THAT thing does 720p? And from the looks of the sample video, not too horribly? Huh. I’ve had bad experiences with Kodak cameras before, but I’m looking to buy a cheap HD camcorder… anyone used this as that before?

How quickly can you start snapping pics after you hit the power button?

I need to replace my Canon powershot soon and I’d hate to give up the ability to shoot within 1 second of deciding I want to shoot.

Generally speaking Kodak cameras are much more complex than cannons. Particularly old cast iron cannons such as those used by the Spanish…

Out of curiousity,
[link=http://cleverconveyence.deviantart.com/art/Sleeping-Chameleon-5937000]A5 series[/link] or [link=even a moth by CleverConveyence on DeviantArt]SD series[/link]?

OK, that wa sexciting. Kodak is not a bad camera for the price. Good pictures and color. It doesn’t compare to Canon. Canon is the premeir of cameras and photography, especially their lenses.

Good night all!!

1 yr MFG. At least it’s not 90 days. The only problem is that it’s refurbish’d