Kodak EasyShare Z1275 12MP/720p Digital Camera w/5x Optical Zoom

I don’t know the specs on the lens but have seen some sample pictures. You can surely see that the 12mp is to cover up the lack of quality they put in the lens and other features.

Need Anti-Shake.

I agree, but unfortunately, it’s becoming pretty common. In daylight, just cup your hand over the LCD to AIM… it hasn’t been a big problem for me.

In very low light conditions it’s hard to compose your picture without a viewfinder because what you’ll see is a black screen (the camera has to use its flash to see anything) whereas if you had a viewfinder you could centre it properly by looking through it.

I like this camera. My g/f bought one here for $99. I liked it so much I picked one up during the next woot off. It’s been a couple months and I still haven’t quit playing with all the features. It’s no SLR, but you can do a lot of manual stuff, and the quality is quite good - it’s 12MP after all. I’ve seen the comments about battery life, but I always use rechargeables, and most of the time I run out of space on my 2GB SD card well before I kill the batteries. Anyway, caveat emptor, but I’m happy with mine at $99, $79 is a great price.

Here’s a good review

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/digitalcameras/0,39030233,49294745,00.htm

I’m in for 1. This will be the 7th (yes, SEVENTH) Kodak digital camera that I’ve purchased. As for the question about the camera’s menus, I have never had a Kodak camera that my non-technical husband can’t figure out. He even figured out the Panoramic setting on his V570 before I got a chance to play with it. So yes, the Kodak menus are easy to navigate in my experience. Yahoo.com is listing this same camera for $199+ so the $80 price tag (even though it’s a refurb) is an awesome deal. The last 2 refurbs I got from my last Woot work great. Good Luck!

Description says it has digital stabilization. Is this the same as anti-shake?

Oh, that IS the one problem I have with this camera is the lack of a visual viewfinder. On the other hand, I’ve taken pictures of Jupiter in the night sky, using nothing but the built-in 5x optical zoom, and been able to distinguish up to three moons. No kidding.

As Consumer Reports said, “Image stabilizer is only simulated.” That’s the best definition I have ever read of the feature “digital stabilizer.”

good camera. and it’s fun taking videos in high def.

There are two kinds of anti-shake.
“Optical” means it’s really happening, by compensating at the lens or sensor. This is the good kind.
“Digital” means it’s done in software. This is the not so good kind. Digital stabilization is fake, like digital zoom.

I got this camera for $100 last time it was on, I second guessed my purchase after I read all the comments, but I ended up loving it, Best camera I’ve ever had, the 720p Video is tons of fun, and it takes really good pictures.

I’m in the market for a camera and this looks like it has some pretty good potential. I’m looking for the following things:

• Good/cheap P&S
  • Decent low-light pics
  • Decent high-speed/high-light pics
  • The 720p video sounds badass!
  • high optical zoom (don’t give a damn about digital zoom)
  • I can survive with less than 12MP (4-6MP is all I really need)

Given these things, is this a decent camera? If not, what others around the $100 mark should I consider? I’m not in a huge rush as I still have an old 3.2MP camera laying around to use in the mean time (an old Fujifilm FinePix from like 10 years ago), so if the best recommendation is to keep watching Woot for another model, that’s acceptable to me. :slight_smile:

4.7 stars via the great reviewers at Buzzillions. Not bad…
http://www.buzzillions.com/dz_570091_kodak_easyshare_z1275_zoom_digital_camera_reviews

If you get this camera, I would recommend atleast 4-6 rechargeable AA’s to switch out, it uses them really fast, but thats what you get with a cheap camera.

Does this record sound as well as video? Hw about sound with the pictures themselves? Hmmm.

Video records sound. I highly doubt the pics have sound.

Why would a picture need sound? Do you really need to hear yourself go “SAY CHEESE”?
If you want sound take a video. GEEZ