Kodak Internal Solid State Drives

Kodak Internal Solid State Drives

1 Like

Kodachrome SSD’s offer better performance… they help you get those nice bright colors of summer

12 Likes

Last time this was posted (1 month ago) it was 39.99 for the 480 GB drive, now it’s 49.99. There are PLENTY of SSD with better specs in this price range. Shop around, this isn’t a deal. Here are some others I saw today:

Crucial MX500 2.5 inch 500GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CT500MX500SSD1 $59.99 Free S/H

ADATA SU800 2.5" SATA SSDs: 2TB $178.50, 1TB $85, 512GB $48.45 + Free Shipping

1TB Inland Premium 3D NAND M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Internal Solid State Drive $105 + Free Store Pickup

1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD $93 AC @NF

Or if you want a small drive:

240GB Crucial BX500 2.5" SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive $29 + Free Shipping

Simply type SSD into SlickDeals and check out recent user submissions rather than me linking each one here.

13 Likes

If this were a poorly made in mexico tape drive it would be trustworthy… this is clearly a rebranded, no name, shenzhen drive… Have a website test this to death before purchase.

3 Likes

No sale here folks. Shop different sites for better product at better price.

6 Likes

I would either buy Samsung NVMe or whatever is in the local clearance isle 50% off.

1 Like

Former Kodak employee here.

Kodak only does business-to-business (BtB) products and services now, like commercial printing products.
ANY Kodak-branded consumer product is just name-licensed.

Kodak made film, and film made Kodak. All their consumer products were pretty sh!t. They did sell a lot of cameras, but mostly mediocre ones for really cheap, just to make sure everyone needed to buy the film. They made a crap-ton in film. Then squandered that on other crappy consumer products. Disc cameras? APS cameras? How about Kodak digital cameras? The problem was that nothing had margins like film, so when that went away, none of their low-margin businesses could keep them afloat.

Anyway, don’t associate all the good feelings you may get when you see the Kodak name with anything you can currently buy. The two are not related. And maybe never were.

17 Likes

Awww…but it’s Cardi B’s Bodak Yellow…

A lot of “great” photography names have gone this route. Vivitar, Bell and Howell, Polaroid and others are just names pasted onto whatever doodad that can sell.

1 Like

Imagine being a company that lost 90%+ of its value in the past 5 years and still thinking their brand offers desirable products.

There hasn’t been a deal here since the mother ship consumed woot

11 Likes

wheres Enron lately? i want to buy some of their stuff…

2 Likes

I bought one of these last time they were on Woot. I got a very nice shipping package that was never sealed from Amazon, and oh BTW, the drive was not in it either. Probably the best deal I never made. I was refunded, but no sign of any attempt to seal the sleeve it was supposed to be shipped in… BEWARE!

1 Like

Yeah, I found these on amazon, and there are no reviews of them… I’ll pass.

2 Likes

Then imagine the looks on the faces of the board members and share-holders when they see their products available on Woot! :laughing:

1 Like

I want an Enron lunchbox, dammit.

Or at least some Enron toilet paper and maybe an Enron flamethrower.

So like 2/3rds of Woot’s inventory?

1 Like

Maybe a Enron Not a FlameThrower?

The disappoint is strong this morning. Never fear, we have a shirt just for you.

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/i-miss-the-old-woot

12 Likes

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt!

2 Likes